Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my first field strip, everything was going well till something out of nowhere compelled me to pull the trigger while the bolt was out. Now the hammer is up and I can't get the bolt back in. What should I do now?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok re cocked it with a dowel. Hammer is still 1/4 way up. Still can't get bolt over hammer. And I'm sure it's aligned. What now? Oh and I've muscled it.

·
Super Moderator
17,765 Posts
Go back to the FAQ. There is a thread linked in there. It's the one titled "Pulled trigger while disassembled". Lotsa good stuff in there.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have the same problem reassembling without moving the trigger. I don't know why but all of a sudden it goes in. Keep jiggling, twisting and pushing.

·
Super Moderator
17,765 Posts
I have the same problem reassembling without moving the trigger. I don't know why but all of a sudden it goes in. Keep jiggling, twisting and pushing.
If you put it on safe per the manual before disassembly the trigger bar is disengaged, and you can squeeze the trigger to your hearts desire.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gona mess with it now. It's normal for the hammer to pert rude 1/4 way up right? Yes I read the thread. Just can't get it to go in. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, when the hammer is in the correct position for reassembly it will visibly protrude about 1/4 the way to the top of the tube.

If it in the incorrect position, it will protrude over half the way up.

Don't ask me how I know this. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yess. Just got it lol. Didn't wana muscle it too much. Finally got angry and said ef it, just pushed it in.

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts