Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone performed any drop fire tests on the P3AT?

Is it suseptable to discharge when dropped?

I've only dropped mine once back when I used to use the belt clip and fortunately it didn't go off. It was a good 2' drop. I didn't notice any primer dimple.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
The P3 is drop safe due to the hammer block, I still don't test mine if I can help it ;)
I have heard of a few people dropping it without a discharge, just some scratches.

Welcome To KTOG!!

CJ

·
Registered
145 Posts
Everything I have read states that it is impossible to discharge when dropped due to the design, unlike the LCP recall for this problem.  Since I don't plan on dropping my P3AT I can't give you first hand info.  I believe what the experts on this site claim on the safety of the P3AT.  Enjoy your gun and don't concern yourself with a drop discharge.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Remember however, the P11 doesn't have the hammer block.

I think 2PP did some drop testing on the P11 when he was doing that LHS mod.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I had mine fall out of my shorts twice when I forgot was in the pocket.Once on concrete(I'm a klutz what can I tell ya) No problem. I took it apart to look for damage after the concrete drop.Nothing found.Shot ok afterwards.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
The P32, P3AT and PF9 all have the hammer block incorporated in the firing process. The hammer block should make it drop safe, unlike the P11 and P40 that don't have a hammer block. Either way I don't make a habit of dropping any of my guns.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
RAT76 said:
Remember however, the P11 doesn't have the hammer block.

I think 2PP did some drop testing on the P11 when he was doing that LHS mod.
I actually researched the PF-9 before I bought and made the incorrect leap to assume the P11 and p40 had the same feature. Thanks for the lesson!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts