drop fire?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Mr._E, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Mr._E

Mr._E Guest

Has anyone performed any drop fire tests on the P3AT?

Is it suseptable to discharge when dropped?

I've only dropped mine once back when I used to use the belt clip and fortunately it didn't go off. It was a good 2' drop. I didn't notice any primer dimple.

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    The P3 is drop safe due to the hammer block, I still don't test mine if I can help it ;)
    I have heard of a few people dropping it without a discharge, just some scratches.

Welcome To KTOG!!

CJ

3. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Everything I have read states that it is impossible to discharge when dropped due to the design, unlike the LCP recall for this problem.  Since I don't plan on dropping my P3AT I can't give you first hand info.  I believe what the experts on this site claim on the safety of the P3AT.  Enjoy your gun and don't concern yourself with a drop discharge.

4. Mr._E

Mr._E Guest

Thanks for the reassurance.

5. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
  6. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Remember however, the P11 doesn't have the hammer block.

I think 2PP did some drop testing on the P11 when he was doing that LHS mod.

7. fez

fez Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    florida
    I had mine fall out of my shorts twice when I forgot was in the pocket.Once on concrete(I'm a klutz what can I tell ya) No problem. I took it apart to look for damage after the concrete drop.Nothing found.Shot ok afterwards.

8. Mr._E

Mr._E Guest

I saw that last night. That's what made me want to start this thread in regards to the P3AT.

9. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    The P32, P3AT and PF9 all have the hammer block incorporated in the firing process. The hammer block should make it drop safe, unlike the P11 and P40 that don't have a hammer block. Either way I don't make a habit of dropping any of my guns.

10. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I actually researched the PF-9 before I bought and made the incorrect leap to assume the P11 and p40 had the same feature. Thanks for the lesson!