DPX Ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tjhjunk, Aug 26, 2007.

1. tjhjunk

tjhjunk New Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Anybody know where to get DPX in Alabama, I've been to quite a few gun shops and have not seen any :'(.

I know you can purchase online but was hoping to pick some up locally. Funny that DPX, at least in .380 has the best reviews for personal defense, and you ask for it and they don't even know what you are talking about >:(.

Is it just me or is DPX hard to come by elsewhere?

If I decide to buy online who has a good price?

Tim :cool:

2. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Most gun shows will have dealers that sell it.

3. Roger3

Roger3 New Member

Aug 27, 2005
  4. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    How much is YOUR life worth? I know mine is worth the price of DPX.

As is my wife's, daughter's, and un-born son's lives. Go cheap on the practice stuff. You only get one life. Protect it with the best.

No flame meant, bud. Just what I think is good advice. :)

5. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    +1 Lurker38.
    In many cases I think people take their lives for granted and thus assign little value to life. Those who have had to knowingly live on the edge are more aware of how easily life can slip away and so tend to be more careful of it.

6. Orvanic

Orvanic New Member

May 12, 2005
    FYI -

Spend the $30 for a C&R (Curios & Relics) FFL03
    and get dealer pricing from Midway, Brownell's, etc.

It pays for itself almost immediately, and it has the added benefit of having milsurps delivered right to your door. However, I take no resposibility for any potential impacts to your marriage or credit card balances...:)

Product #: 269505
    Manufacturer #: DPX38080/20
    Dealer Price: $20.89
    Retail Price: $22.49

7. Roger3

Roger3 New Member

Aug 27, 2005

No offense taken.

But you do sound like the guys at the gun store when ever I want to look at a Kel Tec.
    They make that statement, and then try to get me and others to purchase a Glock or Karr.

;)

8. Step5pro

Step5pro New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    ;D

That cuts both ways, huh?

9. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Ammunition To Go. Here's a link:

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/p...8&osCsid=8cec7afbe804aeb7e90d7a6ed49216f7

$18.95 + shipping. Not sure about shipping exactly as I always buy more than one box of stuff from them. But a "for instance" would be the other day I bought one box of .380ACP DPX (20rd box) and one box of WinRanger Talons .45ACP (50rd box) and my shipping cost was $7.64.

I have bought a lot of ammo from them and have always been pleased.

10. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Indeed. I just got over $100 worth of ammo from Ammunition to Go. Good service.

11. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Wow, so the C&R license will get a discount from midway (which is my main ammo source)? That's pretty sweet...I had justified it from the transfer cost of a single milsurp rifle, which would be around 30 bucks from my local gunsmith, with a heck of a lot less hassle. Well, you've given me more reason to fill out my forms and get licensed as a C and R! :D

12. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    DPX is expensive bu then you don't buy it to shoot do you? Other than running a mag through the gun for functional purposes, it is the kind of ammunition that when loaded, you hope you don't ever have to shoot it!!

13. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    dpx. life is not cheap. apparently some here are.

14. barnett3006

barnett3006 New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Hello all. I have been lurking in the shadows, reading up on the various KT handguns for some time now. I recently purchased myself a used P3AT for CCW in my pocket while at work. I cleaned, inspected and lubricated my KT before putting it through the ringer at the range ,which I am glad to report no failures of any kind with 100 rounds of WWB and 30 rounds of Remington FMJ's. I did find that, for my large hands, the curved magazine extension is an absolute necessity at the range while the flat mag base is perfect for pocket carry. I am pleased with my little .380 KT.

Now then, I am sure you guys have discussed this in great detail, but...have any of you seen/conducted/know of any .380 ammo chrony tests where the test gun is a P3AT and the test is a comparison of several different types of ammo that includes different brand FMJ and HP? Also, are there any .380 HP expansion/penetration tests, where the P3AT is the test gun, with the various brand FMJ and HP's including DPX? I currently have Remington Express FMJ loaded in my KT.

There is no need to retype what is already written, but if you guys could post any links that hold answers to my questions I would appreciate it.

One final question for you, one of the range officers at my range told me that Magsafes will over cycle the slide and cause the slide to jam wide open. Any truth to that?

Thanks.

15. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    If you register at stoppingpower.net they apparently have a database of gel tests and use the P3-AT to test .380. There are some results in their forums as well, if you search. Here is how DPX performed from a P3-AT:

FWIW just about any FMJ will give you the minimum of 12" of penetration.

16. onefunzr2

onefunzr2 New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Amen to that. But that way of thinking seems to be endemic these days. A guy on an arc welding forum wanted to know if he could repair that Minneapolis bridge with a $200 chinese welder he saw offered on ebay! For god's sake, wise up people!