Double Tap Gold Dots

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rls1158, Nov 20, 2007.

1. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I need some help again. I'm having trouble finding Double Tap Gold Dots online. I've found them at Midway but want to do some comparison shopping. I'm probably just searching in the wrong places so I'd appreciate some help. :) :)

Also, are the Double Tap HPs or FMJs better in the P3-AT?

Thanks,

Reggie

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    OMG! You're asking whether FMJ or JHP in the P3AT. Brace yourself! ;D

3. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2005
    lol You better just lock this thread now TX.

Dan

4. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
  5. ib4singlestack

ib4singlestack New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Just load one each,  alternate,  one for each side, like a federal politician !!

6. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Tx is right, asking that (admittedly quite valid) question is like reopening a war wound! Suffice to say there are very strong emotions on each side and opinions differ.

But the DT Gold Dots are interesting...as I recall, someone on here did some tests with the other "front runner" (CorBon DPX) and while the DPX still somewhat outperformed in penetration, the DT was close on its heels. So, I'd see them as a great choice if you wanted a semi-affordable conventional JHP.

And MidwayUSA has both available, Gold Dots and the DT FMJ:

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.ex...=20&PageSelect2=1&RecordsReturned2=20

7. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Sorry guys. I didn't mean to step into a hornet's nest. I've read both sides of the issue in the past. Just wanted an update. The warnings are well taken and I'll not ask that particular question again. Thanks for the "general" information on the DTs.

;DReggie ;D

8. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    No problem, I'm not a partisan on the issue, its just one of those topics like "9mm vs 45" that can be argued for pages upon pages without ever getting resolution.

Sorry, just noticed you had said you found them on Midway. I've never seen DoubleTap stuff anywhere but on Midway's site (recently added) and direct from DoubleTap's site. Seems they are just recently getting into the distribution side of things.

Looks like both places are selling for the same amount:

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_62&products_id=233

Also consider when you do your comparison shopping that this is for a box of 50 rounds, as opposed to the usual quantity of 20 rounds (or 25, in the case of Rem Golden Saber) for defensive rounds. The Speer Gold Dots run 15.29 for a box of 20...76 cents per round versus 50 cents per round on the Double Tap. Much better deal, and they are supposed to be loaded hotter, with the same bullet payload.

Good luck!

9. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks Nic. The price of DTs is what's attracting me. I'm sure the other SD ammo is good stuff too but a little too high for much shooting. That being said, I only need enough to practice with for a while and some for carry.

;DReggie ;D

10. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I ordered some DTs today but I certainly will not reveal which ones I chose. Wouldn't want to start a war of words here! :)

;DReggie ;D

11. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    WOW!! I'M IMPRESSED!! And yes, I know I'm yelling. I ordered my DTs from DT (rather than Midway) and a few minutes later I got an email saying they have been shipped. I don't normally get this kind of quick service elsewhere.

;DReggie ;D who's just trying to make it to his 150th post (a long way behind most of you)

12. Thunderbear

Thunderbear New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Well, if this don't bring back Two Pistol Packer, nothing will.. ;D

Hope he's doing OK.

13. Hawkjm

Hawkjm New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    I just ordered mine directly from doubletap. I have carried them in my XD9 for a while now and like their product. I also picked up a box of Gold Dots locally just to hold me over so I could carry the p3at sooner.