Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested in these mounting plates.
Prefer a green reticle if anyone has experience with one on a P17.
Also looking for an IWB right hand kydex holster.
Reach out to Greg Tanner in this thread. The plates are made for SIG0 JPoint footprint and you’ll need a really light weight RDS. I’m using a Crimson Trace CTS 1550 and it’s been fine, no problem with functionality at all but I’m shooting supressed most of the time.
Good luck

RTL

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the plate and a Romeo Zero red dot on my P17. I like it. Having the sight close to the top of the slide works better for me. I do prefer the green dot to the red but there isn't a green dot option for the plate that I am aware of. My Romeo Zero has the 6 min. dot and works good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finally had the chance to mount the swamp fox sentinel on my P17. Using all high velocity ammo, it was MOSTLY reliable, looking forward to using hyper velocity ammo. I may have using too much lubricant causing it to be really gummy inside the gun. Overall, very satisfied!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Really good quality on that Tanner P17 mount. I did run into reliability issues on my P17...I kind of expected it. Running a Shield SMSc which is 12 grams, so pretty light, I think the same as the Sig Romeo. Just need a way to get the total reciprocating mass down closer to stock. I have two P17's and I used the one that has over 10,000 rounds through it...so it's well broken in. Running CCI Mini-Mag, Stinger, and Velocitor in my test. I may have to do some follow up testing with Aquilla.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Sig Romeo zero on mine and run the Federal bulk 37 grn hv and it has been very reliable.
yes I think the Romeo zero would be the best as it weighs the lightest but I’ve heard so much trash about the Romeo zero (mostly the reliability and how the lens scratches so easily).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Really good quality on that Tanner P17 mount. I did run into reliability issues on my P17...I kind of expected it. Running a Shield SMSc which is 12 grams, so pretty light, I think the same as the Sig Romeo. Just need a way to get the total reciprocating mass down closer to stock. I have two P17's and I used the one that has over 10,000 rounds through it...so it's well broken in. Running CCI Mini-Mag, Stinger, and Velocitor in my test. I may have to do some follow up testing with Aquilla.

During our post test autopsy, I found that the firing pin inside the bolt was really gummed up...it was like it was mired in a tar pit. So after a thorough cleaning and application of Sentry Solutions Tuf-Glide, I remounted the SMSc. I do not think this would have affected the cycling, unless that tiny bit of added weight was the tipping point. Also for the forthcoming test, I removed the front sight. Again a minuscule amount of weight. Stand by for an upcoming video.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wonder if removing the plastic bolt cap (and front sight) and mounting the adapter plate directly to the steel slide would get the total mass closer to the same as stock. If that proved reliable, then maybe a 3d printed lightweight skirt could be sandwiched between the adapter plate and the optic to finish off the rear. This would also get the sight a tiny bit lower on the slide.

If P17 parts were available, I'd get an extra slide to experiment with adding some lightening holes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Sig Romeo Zero looks like it weights the same as the Shield SMSc (Shield's polymer version). I'm running the RMSc on my P365XL and experimenting with the SMSc on my P17. Both have coated glass optics. The RMSc weighs about 4 grams more than the SMSc.

I've been very impressed with the distinct clarity of the Shield's dot. A product that is "designed and hand built in the UK" vs the CCP manufactured optics. More $'s than the Holosuns but at least you aren't contributing to the "gain of function" of Chinese optics.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts