Don Hume IWB

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mydixiwrecked00, Oct 4, 2008.

1. mydixiwrecked00

mydixiwrecked00 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    sorry, this posting things like a fever.... new questions ;D

i carry my lil hc/blue armalaser equipped p3 as my daily right now. i have the clip on the side and carry it tucked in my pants over my wallet but im concerned about the gun not being protected from me and the effects of living in Florida !SWEAT! this would also fulfill requirements of some states for concealed to be holstered and im sure it would cut down on the dust bunnies. not to mention the great debate of the side clip :-X  in earlier posts i was looking for a holster to no avail that fit the criteria of iwb with an armalaser. i just saw the don hume on the armalaser site. if someone mentioned this one to me before sorry, but im a bit slow at times ;)

ANYONE own one of these to give me any feedback on it? comfort? fit? does the weapon stay in place? looks like it kinda sits up high compared to waistline.  any experience with carrying in the don Hume vs the side clip carry as far as thickness differences?  

2. SMMAssociates

SMMAssociates New Member

Apr 23, 2006
    wrecked:

Next time, please put a link here (I think that's allowed), so we can tell which holster....

IAC, Don Hume makes fine holsters, and will work with you if there are problems.

With something as light as the P-3AT, about anything will work.  The wider the clip, or the more clips (two is nice), the more stable the thing will be.  Also important is your belt, but since those little half-inch belts are out of style (for men, at least), about anything will work there, too.

Nothing wrong with DeSantis, either, or any of the other "national" brands.  

Regards,

3. mydixiwrecked00

Jul 25, 2008
  4. SMMAssociates

SMMAssociates New Member

Apr 23, 2006
    wrecked:

Looks like a nice holster! Top is reinforced to ease re-holstering, and the clip's about an inch wide.... Not exactly cheap, though :)....

Uncle Mike's probably got one by now in nylon that'd work. If you've got a gun shop nearby that stocks their line, you should be able to find something. (Finding the laser-accepting version may be an issue; it might make sense to visit a large dealer.)

Regards,

5. mydixiwrecked00

Jul 25, 2008
    i have an uncle mikes size 3 pocket holster and it fits great in it, just wish they would make one with a belt clip on it. and yes the don hume is a bit pricey, but it looks like alot of holster for the money quality wise....and im sure we have all spent more on shoes that probably wont last near as long or rely our life on.