Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yep. I bought my sons new .380 with 30 rounds through it and it looks almost that bad. The hole for the recoil spring guide rod was down to paper thin curled and peened. KT will replace it based on the damage shown there. (At least the fellow I talked to in service stated they would)

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
It seems to me that many get that little ridge that you have and then sit there, never doing anything else. Then others get that ridge and then continue on to get worse.

IF you have a problem it is not so bad that throwing in a JFB washer wouldn't solve it for quite a while. At least long enough to let KT get a better batch of slides in.

-Scott

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
adamsesq said:
It seems to me that many get that little ridge that you have and then sit there, never doing anything else.  Then others get that ridge and then continue on to get worse.  

IF you have a problem it is not so bad that throwing in a JFB washer wouldn't solve it for quite a while.  At least long enough to let KT get a better batch of slides in.  

-Scott
Where do you get a JFB washer? Now that my P-3AT is broken in, I do not plan to shoot it anymore. I will carry it for protection and hope that someday KT will have a cure for this gun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
JFB,

could you also advise me how to obtain one of your washers. I believe my new slide will be on the way soon.

Vette,

where do you shoot in Martin Co.? Will be down that way early next month.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Yep looks like something not so good about happen. Is this the same gun you drove back to the factory more than once already?

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Vette said:
Where do you get a JFB washer? Now that my P-3AT is broken in, I do not plan to shoot it anymore. I will carry it for protection and hope that someday KT will have a cure for this gun.
I would have said PM JFB and he'll get you one for a reasonable price. But apparently he is into price gouging now - maybe better to wait a day or so :)

-Scott (who doesn't think its fair that JFB only wants to gouge you guys when he accosted me!)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bobo said:
Yep looks like something not so good about happen. Is this the same gun you drove back to the factory more than once already?
This is the one. Three trips to KT and then they destroyed my old gun and built a new one for me using the same serial numbers. I finally get a kt that works perfectly and then I discover this after only 200 rounds fired.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Try your local Hobby shop for washers. They have nylon ,plastic, brass, steel, etc in the R/C car department that fits perfectly. Less than 10 cents each in packs of 8.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.