Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to buy some DPX (as highly recommended on this site) and saw that some ammo such as Federal is listed as "Low re-coil."  I know very little about ammo but to me "Low re-coil" screams "Low power."

With all the ammo talk on here, I have never seen anyone mention anyting about this.

Haven't shot the DPX yet, but have heard it described as "hot."  How does this compare to the +P stuff that KT recommends against?

Brian

G

·
Re: Does "Low Recoil" mean "Low Pow

broge5 said:
Went out to buy some DPX (as highly recommended on this site) and saw that some ammo such as Federal is listed as "Low re-coil."  I know very little about ammo but to me "Low re-coil" screams "Low power."

With all the ammo talk on here, I have never seen anyone mention anyting about this.

Haven't shot the DPX yet, but have heard it described as "hot."  How does this compare to the +P stuff that KT recommends against?

Brian
no such thing as +p 380 ammo, all b.s. "just shoot it like you stole it" DPx is a hot round, you will notice when you shoot it but corbon doesn't call it +p either.

·
Registered
89 Posts

"for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

DPX'S are a somewhat of a hot load(not +P)...BUT they do not have a heavy bullet(80 grain)...

therefor "Low-re-coil" came be claimed...

...try some golden saber's if u want to feel a gud kick!(102 grain) ::)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Also, I am curious about the smilies.

I figure they have little effect on FMJ, but it seems that they could adversly affect a JHP's ability to expand.

Comments?

Brian

·
Registered
89 Posts

Newton's Third Law of Motion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_laws_of_motion (huummm... cut n paste didn't know long links didn't work) >:(

smiles  ;D not sure if we'll ever know....  :-/

·
Registered
9,377 Posts

There are only two ways to reduce actual recoil.
Lighter bullet, or Lower velocity.

There is a third way to reduce "felt" recoil, and that is with a longer burn curve of the powder charge.

The foot/pounds of recoil energy may remain the same, but it is spread over a slightly longer time period. This is done in rifle ammo with some success.

In the case of a very short barrel handgun, like the P3AT, that isn't going to work though.

In most of Federals Low Recoil line of pistol ammo, they appear to have used a lighter bullet.
That isn't the case with the .380 HS however.
If it actually does recoil less, (less then what?) it must truly be magic!

rcmodel

·
Banned
7,638 Posts

broge5 said:
Also, I am curious about the smilies.

I figure they have little effect on FMJ, but it seems that they could adversly affect a JHP's ability to expand.

Comments?

Brian
Yes! ;D

If you tap your mag to seat the cartridges to the rear, then the shorter HP rounds apparently don't move up enough to hit the feed ramp and GET smileys.

Packer.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.