Does anyone on here sell P3AT grips?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Offduty, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Does anyone on this forum sell the olive drab P3AT grips? I am wanting to change mine. I have heard that they are around $30.00 through KelTec, but wanted to try here first.
    Sorry if this has been posted before, but I didn't have alot of time to search.

Also, how hard is it to change them out? I am a Glock armorer, but have know idea how detailed the Keltec is.

Thanks.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Unless someone here is wanting to trade or just happens to have an extra, you'll have to call KT.  Get one with the hammer block and mag catch pre-installed.  They are not hard to change.  Knock out a couple of frame pins, unhook the hammer spring, pull out the aluminum block frame...

This disassembly link is for the P11 and 1st gen P3AT.  The only difference in the 2nd gen is that the recoil catch is now integrated into the grip and can not be dropped/lost.  Of course the extractors are different but that has no effect on changing the grip.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/disassembly.htm

3. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Was I right thinking they were about 30 bucks?
    Thanks for the reply!

4. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yea, I think they are just under that but KT gets $7+ for shipping UPS ground. 1-800-515-9983

5. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Thanks, Tx.
    Great info!

6. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    One more old link on changing the grip on the P32.  That hammer block is a real PITA, worth the extra $5 to get the pre-installed version which is nearly $30.

http://www.geocities.com/pocketguns/P32grip.html

P.S.  Great sig line!   ;D

7. Citorishotgunner

Citorishotgunner New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Call KT and they should exchange it for you free of charge. All you will have to do is pay shipping. It may take several weeks though... that's the only drawback. I just sent my grip in earlier this week to be exchanged.

8. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Great people at Kel Tec. I spoke to a guy this morning in the customer service department and I should have a grip next week UPS. It was $29.00 for the grip (including the hammer block and mag catch). He said that they are pre-installed on the grips now.
    I also needed another small part and there was no charge for it.

Thanks for your help!

9. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    So they no longer sell the empty grip?

10. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    He didn't give me much of a chance. I told him that I wanted the grip with the hammer block and mag catch installed, and he said it already comes with that. I didn't ask anymore questions, as it seemed like that was standard now.

11. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Got my grip via UPS today. I had a disassembly video on youtube at the ready and started taking it apart. I didn't really have much of a problem until the install. I saw that you had to push the hammer block up, but didn't know you had to push it all the way up. After a few tries, I finally got it on right.

I like the olive drab/blue slide combo. Thanks for the replies.