Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading through these threads, it is obvious that certain parts on this gun can and do break. I've had mine for about 8 years now with no problems yet, but it doesn't get shot as much as it should. If something does break, I don't like having to go through the "down time" either waiting for new parts from KT or sending it in to them for repair. I keep spare parts for my ARs, and was thinking it might be wise to do it for my pistols too.

Problem is I wouldn't know what parts to keep, and I don't really want call KT and tell them to send me one of everything. So, is anyone doing this, and if so what parts are you keeping? Also, what did KT charge you for these parts? I know they send out free replacement parts for breakages, but I wouldn't expect them to just send me free parts for backup purposes.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
If yours is 8 years old, it probably wouldn't hurt to swap out your various springs (recoil, hammer, trigger and maybe even the SlideStop springs)

If you call KT Service, let them know it's 8 Years old and was thinking of replacing them due to age, they'll probably send the entire assemblies (recoil springs AND Guide Rod, Hammer spring AND the rest of the hammer assembly, etc) and MAYBE for no charge, just for preventive maintenance purposes.

·
Grand Poobah
2,252 Posts
I have two or more complete internal replacement parts for my P-11 & P-40.
Plus two extra slides and barrels in 9mm & one in 40 cal.
If I had another serial numbered frame I could put together another P-11 with the spare parts I have.
I have re blued one of the slides with Van's instant gun blue just to see if it works like they advertise.
So far it looks great.
Gun Broker is your friend for spare parts.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I kept the parts from my P11 that I just recently replaced that we're broke but I figured were due for replacement anyhow - recoil spring/rod, assembly pin, and slide stop spring. I figure if anything breaks someday, better to have a used spare on hand rather than to be completely without if I need to order replacements and they're either unavailable anymore or at least on backorder.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Slide stop and spring
Assembly pin
Ejector and pin
Extractor, spring, and pin
Firing pin, spring, and retention screw

all that and the sights and maybe a mag spring

·
Registered
56 Posts
So what's everyone paying for there spare parts ? Free?
Nothing is free, someone has to pay for it. Please don't call for unneeded replacement parts, but please do buy some, they are not expensive.

This is another reason I purchased from KT, repairs are simple.

·
Grand Poobah
2,252 Posts
I keep an eye on GunBroker for my spare P-11 parts.

"Wide Buffalo" is one good GB seller for parts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I keep an eye on GunBroker for my spare P-11 parts.

"Wide Buffalo" is one good GB seller for parts.
No offense, but I find most everything on GB over priced. By the way, no firing pins for p11 there, but hundreds of holsters. The part cost $2.50 from KT, I'll do business with them even if I have to wait.

·
Grand Poobah
1,367 Posts
No offense, but I find most everything on GB over priced. By the way, no firing pins for p11 there, but hundreds of holsters. The part cost $2.50 from KT, I'll do business with them even if I have to wait.
They're generally pretty quick on parts orders. They usually send Priority Mail, but have other options during checkout from their website.

buzzsaw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts