Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Worked out so well last time :quote:
I’m just hoping it’s all gonna be ok. But another piece of steel popped off on Monday. I didn’t mention it to anyone. It has to be a lemon. Could be a batch of bad steel. Who knows. I told them to please not send it back until it functions as advertised. I know there’s a gas adjustment for each ammo. That’s fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It’s not here.
Ok! Just came back for the 2nd time. This gun now works as advertised. It’s a freaking animal. You gotta tame it. The bolt and the bolt slide were bad and they must’ve just missed it.

I guess since I’m shooting cheap ammo I’m going to guess that’s why it’s not accurate at 200 yards. Most likely the ammo.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ok! Just came back for the 2nd time. This gun now works as advertised. It’s a freaking animal. You gotta tame it. The bolt and the bolt slide were bad and they must’ve just missed it.

I guess since I’m shooting cheap ammo I’m going to guess that’s why it’s not accurate at 200 yards. Most likely the ammo.
Yay!! Works gud!!!

Yes give it better ammo..
168gr Magtec Otm (sniper).jpg
This was just zeroing that 3x optic (with a 2.7moa dot...) So yea..They can shoot well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yay!! Works gud!!!

Yes give it better ammo..
View attachment 51242
This was just zeroing that 3x optic (with a 2.7moa dot...) So yea..They can shoot well.
100y it was fine. When it went to 200 is where it opened up a lot. It’s the ammo. Let’s hope it holds up. Any cleaning tips on this? Plus I’m so confused as to how the sling goes on.

·
Registered
395 Posts
100y it was fine. When it went to 200 is where it opened up a lot. It’s the ammo. Let’s hope it holds up. Any cleaning tips on this? Plus I’m so confused as to how the sling goes on.
Should be the sling loops thingy you screwed on or is present in the front and attaches to the diagonal "bar" at the buttstock end.

Surplus ammo I clean alot more frequently (or every trip with corrosive ammo)..Factory stuff...Maybe every 1000 rounds..I only oil the bolt and the recoil springs.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah for sure. I went and deleted only the mean spirited posts. I guess **** happens sometimes.
Every manufacturer puts out the occasional lemon from time to time. What separates them is how they fix the problems. While KT may not have the CS polish of some of the larger firms, experience has shown that they generally stand behind their products and work to correct any deficiencies when found.

Glad to hear that they got everything resolved for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Every manufacturer puts out the occasional lemon from time to time. What separates them is how they fix the problems. While KT may not have the CS polish of some of the larger firms, experience has shown that they generally stand behind their products and work to correct any deficiencies when found.

Glad to hear that they got everything resolved for you.
I may go bankrupt if I don’t figure out how to reload for this gun.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I may go bankrupt if I don’t figure out how to reload for this gun.
That's another huge rabbit hole deserving it's own thread. The biggest problem right now are primers. Can't get any no matter where you look. Both small and large rifle primers are extremely rare commodities at the moment. I've resorted to bartering or buying extra primers from friends and neighbors.

Oh, and don't get into reloading to save money. You won't. Or, it'll take you a really long time to recoup your initial cash investment on the press, dies, cutters, swagers, etc. I got into reloading for precision. I only reload three calibers at the moment, 6.5CM, 308, and 556. I'm thinking about reloading for 44 magnum as well, but that will have to wait.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's another huge rabbit hole deserving it's own thread. The biggest problem right now are primers. Can't get any no matter where you look. Both small and large rifle primers are extremely rare commodities at the moment. I've resorted to bartering or buying extra primers from friends and neighbors.

Oh, and don't get into reloading to save money. You won't. Or, it'll take you a really long time to recoup your initial cash investment on the press, dies, cutters, swagers, etc. I got into reloading for precision. I only reload three calibers at the moment, 6.5CM, 308, and 556. I'm thinking about reloading for 44 magnum as well, but that will have to wait.
Well I both agree and disagree with the above quote about reloading.

You absolutely can save money but the money you have save usually translates into shooting more..

Per round, especially comparing match ammo, the stuff you reload (unless you like loading just blaster ammo) is tuned for your gun and costs much less than same bullet weight match ammo (be that Federal, Hornaday ect)

You can make up the initial investment costs alot faster if your reloading handgun cartridges...Or simply by comparing ammo cost (again same bullet weight stuff) to current prices.

Also..I have found resizing brass that comes out of the RFB to be harder than out of my Fal to resize..

61 - 80 of 88 Posts