Do you want to see a doublestack 3at?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ScatMelee, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ScatMelee

ScatMelee New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    the 3at is by far my most carried gun, but i want more than 7 rounds in the same short frame. it's nice to see that kel-tec is thinking about a 10 round magazine, but i think it will make the gun to tall for the pocket (not bad for the belt, but that's what glock is for).
    i would sacrifice a little width for some extra rounds, but i can't sacrifice height because i always carry in my pocket. my short term solution is to carry 2 3at's, but then i don't know where to put my damn cell phone!
    am i the only one that likes the idea of a fatter 3at?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Now that IS an interesting thought. What about just carrying more magazines?

-Scott

3. ScatMelee

ScatMelee New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    i dont think an extra mag is a BAD idea, but i prefer 2 guns or a higher capacity.
    i can draw another 3at 10x faster than i can pull out another mag, load it and rack the slide. go ahead and laugh, but i have a hard time racking the slide, especially when i'm doing stressful drills and my hands are sweaty.
    another good reason is if my gun fails, i have an excellent plan b!

4. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Scour GunBroker until you find a Grendel P-12.

[​IMG]

LINK to article.

5. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Well, this brings us back to the age-old question of which is better: length or width ;D We can't have 10 rounds single stacked because that would be too long. We can't double stack them either because that would make it too much like a P11. ::)

6. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    I like it the way it is. It does what it is supposed to do. Remember, a well placed bullet is worth a lot. Practice, practice, practice--that is the key to a well placed shot. Then, six will be enough. But then, Wild Bill Hiccock carried two!

Bo Bryant

7. Apiarian

Apiarian New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    I have often thought a stack and a half would be just about right. Just add a little width and two rounds.

8. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    I like it the way it is. Any wider and some people might think I am/was happy to see them.  ;D
    If I did own such a weapon. ;)
    My body type is such that "wider" would print in pocket carry.......................

wyo-man

9. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    I too am happy with the width. Thick pocket pistols don't fit in pockets well, and why carry a .380 IWB when you could have a 9mm (or .40)?

10. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    League City TX
  11. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  12. gvaldeg1

gvaldeg1 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Definitely not! The size and weight of the P3AT are it's greatest features.

13. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    this reminds me of a friend of mine who is into muzzle loading. Center line, high teck , powder pellets, electric ignition... I told him of these new fangle cartriges that have the primer, charge, and bullet all in one, and the gun will load your next shot for you! It seems to me that the p3 is an extream. what makes it good is its extreamness. I got a 9mm that holds 15+1, but it donsn't fit in the pocket. With practice you should be able to load a new mag as quickly as you could do a New York reload. As long as you reload when the last round is chambered, but before it is fired, you don't re-rack. I will say that if the second mag was 10 rounds that might be a neat thing to have in my left pocket.

14. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Nope! I'm much more interested in simply seeing enhancements/improvements to the P3AT, P11 & PF9.

Take care...

15. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I vote no also. I'm very happy with the size, weight and concealibility of the gun as is.

16. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    I too am happy with the configuration of the P3AT. The only think I'd like to see is a pinky extension included with the mags. I mean right out of the box so I wouldn't have to buy one. Other than that, leave it alone.

Like with anything, you start adding this and that and before you know it, it not the same thing! It's something completely different.

17. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Member

Apr 7, 2007
    If you went to a thicker grip you might as well carry a bigger gun since the grip is the part that makes the gun harder to conceal. IMO , the P3AT is perfect in all its lightweight and thinness glory. ;)

18. philbo

philbo New Member

Mar 3, 2006
    No to the double stack. As a BUG it's not necessary, and if I used it as a primary, an extra mag would be easier to conceal.

19. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    NO!

It is what it is.

Anything with more rounds wouldn't fit in a pocket without printing.
    And it would get heavier.

Bottom line = If 7 rounds won't get-R-done, you probably should have brought a shotgun or rifle to the gunfight.

rcmodel

20. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

I like the 3at like it is, you could just carry extra magazines