Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 3at is by far my most carried gun, but i want more than 7 rounds in the same short frame. it's nice to see that kel-tec is thinking about a 10 round magazine, but i think it will make the gun to tall for the pocket (not bad for the belt, but that's what glock is for).
i would sacrifice a little width for some extra rounds, but i can't sacrifice height because i always carry in my pocket. my short term solution is to carry 2 3at's, but then i don't know where to put my damn cell phone!
am i the only one that likes the idea of a fatter 3at?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think an extra mag is a BAD idea, but i prefer 2 guns or a higher capacity.
i can draw another 3at 10x faster than i can pull out another mag, load it and rack the slide. go ahead and laugh, but i have a hard time racking the slide, especially when i'm doing stressful drills and my hands are sweaty.
another good reason is if my gun fails, i have an excellent plan b!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Well, this brings us back to the age-old question of which is better: length or width ;D We can't have 10 rounds single stacked because that would be too long. We can't double stack them either because that would make it too much like a P11. ::)

·
Registered
751 Posts
I like it the way it is. It does what it is supposed to do. Remember, a well placed bullet is worth a lot. Practice, practice, practice--that is the key to a well placed shot. Then, six will be enough. But then, Wild Bill Hiccock carried two!

Bo Bryant

·
Registered
726 Posts
I like it the way it is. Any wider and some people might think I am/was happy to see them.  ;D
If I did own such a weapon. ;)
My body type is such that "wider" would print in pocket carry.......................

wyo-man

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
No thanks.

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
this reminds me of a friend of mine who is into muzzle loading. Center line, high teck , powder pellets, electric ignition... I told him of these new fangle cartriges that have the primer, charge, and bullet all in one, and the gun will load your next shot for you! It seems to me that the p3 is an extream. what makes it good is its extreamness. I got a 9mm that holds 15+1, but it donsn't fit in the pocket. With practice you should be able to load a new mag as quickly as you could do a New York reload. As long as you reload when the last round is chambered, but before it is fired, you don't re-rack. I will say that if the second mag was 10 rounds that might be a neat thing to have in my left pocket.

·
Banned
181 Posts
I too am happy with the configuration of the P3AT. The only think I'd like to see is a pinky extension included with the mags. I mean right out of the box so I wouldn't have to buy one. Other than that, leave it alone.

Like with anything, you start adding this and that and before you know it, it not the same thing! It's something completely different.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
NO!

It is what it is.

Anything with more rounds wouldn't fit in a pocket without printing.
And it would get heavier.

Bottom line = If 7 rounds won't get-R-done, you probably should have brought a shotgun or rifle to the gunfight.

rcmodel

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.