Do you trust this ammo(Monarch)?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rtz, Nov 12, 2008.

1. rtz

rtz New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Brass case and made in Serbia.  They also had some aluminum case Blazer ammo.  Any reports on the aluminum case stuff?

$11.79/box for this brass stuff.  It will be a while before I can get to the range.  If this stuff is reported to be good, I'd like to get some more.  What about that white box Winchester stuff(wad cutter)?  Any reports on that? They also had some hollow point Monarch in a different color box for a similar price. Any of these consistantly reliable and no feed, fire, or eject issues?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The one time you need one shot and are depending on that round to fire. Will any of these rounds do it that one time(when you need it the most?)? Can you rely on this stuff?

2. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I have never tried it and different p3at's like different brands. May be fine in yours and not in another. The only real test is how it functions in yours. Good luck.

3. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I use Monarch at the range all the time. The 9mm usually goes for ~$8.75/box at Academy. Hundreds of rounds fired, never failed to go bang, eject or feed.

I have a box of the .380 but haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. I don't have any reason to believe the 380 will perform any worse than the 9mm.

4. I would not count on any gun or any particualar make of ammo for self defense until I fire many many rounds of ammo in the gun.

As noted above- what works in my 3AT may not work in yours.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I believe that Monach is probably the same as Wolf Gold. I works in my guns but ymmv. Monarch is the only thing that ever caused my SU16 to stumble, fwiw. As was said, you must try it. WWB is usually fine in most. Regarding aluminum cases, KT will recommend brass as will most here. Some folks here have used it and I've never seen an actual problem/compliant. It is proabably better than steel cased, but that is not saying much. ;)

6. steve24

steve24 New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    I've shot some of the Monarch through my AR15 without any problems, but not in my P3AT.  But then again, no brand of ammo worked in my P3AT!   :(

But seriously, I hope to have my little pistol back from KT soon and hopefully this time it will work like it's supposed to.  :cool:

7. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    i do not recommend ammo in my guns. they all shoot airsoft. ammo would damage them.

guns are evil, and ammo can cause accidental discharges when the gun it is in jumps off the table and goes on its own murderous rampage.

i demilled all my virtual guns since they were evil.

8. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    i have never seen it before... i would trust it at the range...
    no where else though... i dont like ball for defense.

9. rtz

rtz New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I always thought it fed the best and was guaranteed too feed the best? Aren't there certain guns that don't feed so well with non ball ammo?

What types do you reliably run through your P-3AT?

10. It may be worth noting here:

Monarch has BRASS cased ammo as well as STEEL cased ammo. I don't know if they have the steeled case in .380.

Beware and be warned- STEEL CASED AMMO + 3AT = BAD JU-JU.... IMHO.