DO you guys ever change you recoil springs?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Drivebytrucker, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Just curious if you ever change your recoil springs? Should I change them after X numbers of rounds. Also, where is the best place to buy parts for p3at?

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    You can get replacement parts like springs free from the Kel-tec Service Dept. If you want to stock up on spare parts, their Parts dept will sell them to you. Their recoil springs are high quality and they last a long time. I think I have seen the 2000 round figure mentioned but I'd probably change them a little sooner - maybe around 1000. As long as the gun functions well, they are probably fine. As they weaken, the ejected round will fly further and the frame may take a bit more pounding. Of course even with new springs, these things put your empties in orbit.

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    You COULD but the extra power P32 springs from Wolfe, there are about the same as original P3AT. I think they want $13

OR I WOULD call KT after first of the year and get a couple sets for $1

4. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

I used Wolff springs in mine and several 100 [I don't remember how many] rounds later I started having failures to feed. Went back to new factory springs and problem went away. While you experience may vary--I say save your money and use factory. I should add that I've used Wolff springs in lots of other guns with absolutely no problems.

5. P-3aT_ShoTTer

P-3aT_ShoTTer New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    with these little powerhouses I would suggest to replace the springs every 800-1000 rounds and sooner if you feel more sting in your palm than normal.

6. sniper7369

sniper7369 New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Williston, FL
    I replace recoil springs every 500 - 600 rds in my KTs, same with my Glock. My 1911 I usually go about 1,000 rds.

7. k9pound

k9pound New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    The slide velocity is critical with these small weapons. I would always use factory stock parts. They engineered the weapon around these parts.