Do You CC While Playing Sports?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mhiland, May 8, 2009.

1. mhiland

mhiland New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    I've read posts in this forum by people who say the only time they DON'T carry is when they're in the shower.  And I've read posts from people who carry while jogging or cycling.  What about when you participate in other sports?

It's easy enough and fairly comfortable to conceal our beloved p3at in a SmartCarry or Thunderwear type holster under a pair of athletic shorts, but does anyone on here actually do that when they play competitive sports like basketball or baseball/softball?  

My summer softball league is getting ready to start up, and I have been debating tucking my p3at in my shorts.  I have something similiar to a SmartCarry that is very comfortable to wear.  My only concern is when I have to "hit the deck" -- either on purpose or by accident.  I'm not sure I'd want to slide into home with my p3at in my shorts!  (Ok, that just brought back memories of an off-color song we used to sing as kids, but I digress.  ;))

Anybody have any experience with CC while playing sports?

2. alzona

alzona New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Prescott, AZ
    No, and for good reason: I'd rather not, thank you. For goodness sake, go out and enjoy yourself. I play sports partially for the "escape" from my day-to-day, so carrying a gun around in my jockstrap would pretty well defeat the purpose. Just keep it in your car and you'll be OK.

3. badchris

badchris New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    :eek: :D :eek:

4. mhiland

mhiland New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    I tend to agree with you. I was just wondering what the people who say they carry 24/7/365 "really" do.

5. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
  6. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Too much of a risk of a AD IMO.

7. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I carry 24/7/365 366 in a leap year but the only sports I play are on my daughters' WII set. If I played sports of any kind in the real world, I'd leave my gun in the car or in my gym bag on the sideline but only if doing so was safe. We don't need any more stolen guns in the hands of bad guys. Besides, I don't want to get shot with my own gun.

8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    :-? simple, I don't play sports

in the same line though. when I go work around the compound this am (brush cutting, chain saw), I don't carry the cell for afraid of damaging it, but my P3AT in its K&D bifold wallet is in left front pocket ;)

9. alzona

alzona New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Prescott, AZ

Gives whole new meaning to the word "de-cocked" doesn't it?

10. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I am quite active in sports, motorcycling, etc. I don't carry when firefighting only because it is against our department's policies but I would if I could. 24/7 is literal and I have no concerns about most any sports being unsafe with the P3AT in a smartcarry.

-Scott

11. mhiland

mhiland New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    What sports do you play?

Not sure I'd want to slide head first into base (I play in a coed league and the men are required to slide head first) or make a diving catch in the outfield (yes, I've done that - didn't you you see my highlight on SportsCenter?  :cool:) with my carry piece in a SmartCarry or any other kind of carry.  Not so much worried about AD as I am about physical injury.  :'(

12. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    What sports do you play?

Not sure I'd want to slide head first into base (I play in a coed league and the men are required to slide head first) or make a diving catch in the outfield (yes, I've done that - didn't you you see my highlight on SportsCenter?  :cool:) with my carry piece in a SmartCarry or any other kind of carry.  Not so much worried about AD as I am about physical injury.  :'(
    [/quote]
    Softball and basketball mostly. I don't swim - that would be hard with a weapon. And I wrestle with the kids a lot. I've never worried about my pistol and dive for the ball and I don't wear a cup. In fact if the ball was driven right at my crotch and I missed it the pistol would help protect me much like it does with a 4 year old running around the corner and heading head first into me; she however gets a headache.

-Scott

13. mhiland

mhiland New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    I have 4 yo twin boys - you just gave me flashbacks and made me wince! :'( Maybe I should try your carry method around the house - never thought about using my p3at for THAT kind of protection. ;D

14. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    Hey, my jock strap is packing enough heat as it is. No need for more iron!  ;D

This is too much. Next you'll be asking if you should be armed when making love. Well, I am. But not in the way you're thinking. Just got to love this post.

God I needed this. Made my day.

15. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008

Gives whole new meaning to the word "de-cocked" doesn't it?[/quote]

Laughed my a$$ off! Thank you very much.

16. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    On a more serious note (sorry, still chuckling about the 'de-cocking' post), there are places and occasions where you just can't carry. You just can't. Live with it. Life as you know it will not end.

17. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I may not play organized sports but I have CC in the shower before. It was a special situation in a place where I wasn't safe but had to be there. Ziplok bags work great for such situations. I've even had to sleep with a gun under my pillow. Really, I'm not joking.  :-/

18. JB

JB Guest

Well, unless you get killed while not carrying because you are not equipped to defend yourself.  Dying pretty much means that life as you know it will end.

Just saying.

19. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I have carried mine while snowboarding and never given it a second thought. My summer sport is fishing so no problem there.

20. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    Well, unless you get killed while not carrying because you are not equipped to defend yourself.  Dying pretty much means that life as you know it will end.

Just saying.
    [/quote]

All I'm saying is one can't carrying every minute of every day and every where you might go. No matter how much one might want to, you know you can't. Or you shouldn't. And now some one posts he carries when he showers? And a plastic bag is a good thing to consider!!! What about the soap? Where does that go? Never mind, I don't want to know.

I am a supporter of the 2nd amendment. I'm a gun owner. But I can't carry everywhere I go. I just can't. That's just the way it is. So that leads to the question: Why carry when you're playing ball? Have fun. For God's sake, enjoy yourself. And dare I say it? Leave your piece in your car. Life as we know it will not end. It really won't.

Let play ball!