Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Haven’t had mine long but it has performed 100%

not an issue, just like all the vids

Kel-Tec got a reputation for shitty quality yet I’ve barely seen any real negative issues with mine or on live tests on YouTube

maybe it’s the newer compact model but it’s dead on

I love my KSG almost as much as my guitars

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a KSG Compact, its super cool, but there's a learning curve to get used to cycling the action. I took it out first time yesterday and kept jamming up. Ammo was quality ammo. I did clean before shooting. Very frustrating experience to say the least. I'll bring it to my gunsmith to possibly hone/polish the chamber like I read some of you have done.

I was super excited to have this gun as my "go to" gun for home defense, but after yesterday not a fucking chance in hell would I rely on it for my protection until some issues are resolved. Yes, I do realize I may be part of the problem (user error) since I'm not used to it, but it still doesn't give me confidence to use it for home defense at this time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a KSG Compact, its super cool, but there's a learning curve to get used to cycling the action. I took it out first time yesterday and kept jamming up. Ammo was quality ammo. I did clean before shooting. Very frustrating experience to say the least. I'll bring it to my gunsmith to possibly hone/polish the chamber like I read some of you have done.

I was super excited to have this gun as my "go to" gun for home defense, but after yesterday not a ****ing chance in hell would I rely on it for my protection until some issues are resolved. Yes, I do realize I may be part of the problem (user error) since I'm not used to it, but it still doesn't give me confidence to use it for home defense at this time.
When you’re working the action on this weapon you must work it fast and determined, no slow or lazy movements . Do it with purpose as you should do with all pump action shotguns & hopefully you will resolve this issue. I’ve put over 300+ rounds through mine including 1 inch mini shells and slugs without one issue. It’s my go to home protection weapon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know from reading these posts prior to shooting and I made sure I was using some "extra" force to cycle the shotgun, but really it should be a smoother action. I'm sending it back to Kel Tec and hopefully get it resolved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has never failed to shoot properly no matter what ammo I have used. I was showing it to someone the other day and I mixed slugs, buck, birdshot and mini rounds in it and it fed and fired all of them without hesitation. It's one of my favorites.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely NOT the case with mine. I also had 2 other people shoot it and they also had jamming issues. I did some research here before I purchased and already knew you have to sort of "manhandle" the cycling, but didnt help. I going to sell and buy another brand that has bullpup magazine. Lower capacity, but more reliable. I hope you're KSG's always perform well for you guys, mine didnt.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I know from reading these posts prior to shooting and I made sure I was using some "extra" force to cycle the shotgun, but really it should be a smoother action. I'm sending it back to Kel Tec and hopefully get it resolved.
So, what did the repair ticket say they did to it when they sent it back to you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up my KSG used this year. Like every gun I get, I first strip it down for a good cleaning ( it was FILTHY ) and to become very familiar with it. Then I shoot it, a lot. The only issue I had was with Feral Buckshot leaking buffer material into the mag tube and jamming the follower.
With that said, I carry mine next to me in the helicopter for " Dangerous game defense",I'm a bush pilot in Alaska and every landing it's possible to encounter a very pissed off bear,moose or wolf. So far this year, 3 bear issues, 2 wolf issues and waiting for the moose to appear.
So, I do put my life and the lives of my crews under the protection of my KSG.
I know without question that it WILL work..
I did add a muzzle brake and extended recoil pad, and cheek pad for my comfort, (magnum slugs started to hurt).
In the past 2 months I have put 4-500 rounds of bird shot and 2-300 rounds of slugs and buckshot through it, ZERO -0- issues of any kind,period.
20200911_145515.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has been 100% reliable from day one with nothing more than routine cleaning. Everything from cheap birdshot to 3" slugs.

A coworker of mine has had the same experience.
As do I never had a problem one with msg can’t say that for my pmr30 one shot is all it wrote! That was it first shot the front Disappeared never to be seen again

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up my KSG used this year. Like every gun I get, I first strip it down for a good cleaning ( it was FILTHY ) and to become very familiar with it. Then I shoot it, a lot. The only issue I had was with Feral Buckshot leaking buffer material into the mag tube and jamming the follower.
With that said, I carry mine next to me in the helicopter for " Dangerous game defense",I'm a bush pilot in Alaska and every landing it's possible to encounter a very ****ed off bear,moose or wolf. So far this year, 3 bear issues, 2 wolf issues and waiting for the moose to appear.
So, I do put my life and the lives of my crews under the protection of my KSG.
I know without question that it WILL work..
I did add a muzzle brake and extended recoil pad, and cheek pad for my comfort, (magnum slugs started to hurt).
In the past 2 months I have put 4-500 rounds of bird shot and 2-300 rounds of slugs and buckshot through it, ZERO -0- issues of any kind,period. View attachment 51488
Sounds like it’s well broken got more rounds through it in a month and most people do in a lifetime

·
Registered
21 Posts
When shooting is your only entertainment and you get bored ( thanks to this covid BS ), 75-100 rnds at a time it doesn't take long. And the KSG is so much fun to shot.:):)
:pewpew:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’ve had mine for about 8 years and thousands of rounds and has been flawless until I broke it. The polymer forend broke were the metal bars connect to cycle the action. Sent it to KT and they replaced almost everything. I have the receiver of course, barrel and mag tubes, probably a couple other things, but everything else is new. It took a little longer than I would have liked, but this Covid nonsense has slowed everything down. Why couldn’t we have just had zombies.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts