Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Dittos the laptop case. Mine fits in it diagonally with lots of room for other goodies.

Spend some time on Amazon or Ebay and look around for what grabs you. An open 'net search will also turn up options.

·
Registered
581 Posts
A basic day pack for me. It holds my Subbie, a Glock 17, and 2 17rnd mags and 2 33rnd mags. There is still room for a speed loader and other miscellaneous items.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
I use a paint ball gun bag for some of my big pistols. Might work for this. Go to ugly king (homely despot) and check out hand tools.
A sawsall bag could hold some gun, and dewalt or milwaukee on the bag would be a nice bit of misdirection.

Lop

·
Registered
376 Posts
My Sub fits easily into a soft laptop computer case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What soft of discreet soft cases is everyone using for their Sub 2000 that will also hold a few mags & a speed loaded?
I picked up a Dewalt backpack at Home Depot designed a hold small power tools and many attachments which works perfectly for holding magazines, the sub 2000 plus I’ve got half a dozen 33 round sticks, a dozen 17 round and a 66 round drum
What soft of discreet soft cases is everyone using for their Sub 2000 that will also hold a few mags & a speed loaded?

·
Registered
33 Posts
It truly depends on how you travel and how often you will transport it. Do you normally wear a backpack? If so, use a backpack. The main advantage of one is that it keeps your hands free for the 99.999% time you won't be pulling that S2K out. I assume you carry a holstered handgun and that would be your first go-to weapon, if necessary, anyway.

If you transport it daily, get something that can withstand the wear and tear. They make some good quality backpacks these days if you shop around.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Back when I was a suit & tie guy (retired now), a leather-sided hard briefcase worked beautifully. The 1st gen (actually 1st year) folded S2K fit into the bottom half (when flat on its largest side.) A divider with pockets covered it, separating it from the top half which contained work papers, etc. On the passenger's seat it was a commuting comfort. Should any close encounters of the police kind occur, a quick twirl of the combination lock roller kept things discreet. Backpacks, etc. were totally out of place, so they'd arouse suspicion.
As for Dewalt or other tool cases, unless you're dressed for construction, you might pique everyone's curiosity. And leaving such a bag in a vehicle where it's visible is inviting theft - those tools are valuable.
Tennis racket cases are fine if the clothes and physique fit. Too many S2K owners (judging from what I've observed at the range) would never be mistaken for even casual tennis players.
Laptop cases? Sure, they go with any wardrobe, but again do not leave them unattended as thieves are everywhere.
If you're a scrawny kid on a bike, the bike courier bag works well.
And those rectangular, black nylon "discreet cases" scream "WEAPON INSIDE."
Up here in 4-season country, the old S2K hangs well under a field jacket or similar coat. I even figured how to put a reflex sight on it. It you're lucky, I'll post a picture.
But summertime...it's tough. I've given over 6 gallons of blood to the Red Cross. Rare type, they treat me nice. Well, one of the blood drives had a gimme gift of a multi-purpose shoulder bag emblazoned with the Red Cross logo. Although the bag is smaller than most laptop bags, the S2K fits snugly into its triangular body. The extra mags are on me as they fir my EDC.
So cruise the Goodwill stores and/or give blood and hope the Red Cross gives you such a nice accessory.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you go the laptop case route, check a few thrift shops. You can find stuff like great quality Dell cases for $5-$10. You can also get ideas on other modes of carry. For example, I picked up a violin case at one...

·
Registered
12 Posts
It truly depends on how you travel and how often you will transport it. Do you normally wear a backpack? If so, use a backpack. The main advantage of one is that it keeps your hands free for the 99.999% time you won't be pulling that S2K out. I assume you carry a holstered handgun and that would be your first go-to weapon, if necessary, anyway.

If you transport it daily, get something that can withstand the wear and tear. They make some good quality backpacks these days if you shop around.
Correct I found that the construction backpack I picked up is double or triple the strength of even an L.L. Bean backpack and yes I carry a Glock 17 or 19 and all of the magazines for the sub 2000 including the drum fit both of those handguns

1 - 20 of 21 Posts