Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

disconnector failure?

657 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Devildog341 
#1 ·
The other day I was firing my 3AT with some old WW yellow box ammo that I had. I was doing all right at ~25 yards with it on a life size target. When all of a sudden the trigger upon pulling would not not engage and drop the striker. I took the gun apart and figured out it was the disconnector. It was sticking in the down position instead of poping up. I cleaned it was well as I could and put light lubricant on it. It seems to work, but it is still a little sticky. Has anyone else experienced this failure?

#3 ·
On the rear, right side of the frame is a small movable tab that protrudes into the frame rail which holds the slide. When the slides recoils after a shot, the small tab is pressed down causing the trigger linkage to disengage from the striker-hammer. This tab was staying depressed even after the slide had returned and the striker-hammer was reset. Result was that pulling the trigger would not fire the gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.