Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today I was trying to take apart my AT and like an idiot pulled the trigger trying to remove the slide, now the slide is stuck, it doesn't go back or forward. Any ideas or does it have to go back? If I have to send it back do I have to ship it through a dealer or can I just ship it myself? :-[

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Dropping the hammer should not effect the slide/barrel from going foward (off). When the slide goes more than 1/8" foward, then the hammer will prevent the slide from going back on.

A lot especially new guns have trouble geting the slide off the first couple times. The head of the recoil rod digs a little ditch in the aluminum frame.

when that occurs, the slide must be forced off the frame. one method is to pull the slide back and let go, but since you pulled the trigger that is not possible now.

You will need to "hammer" the slide off the frame, for the first 1/2". A soft blow plastic, leather, or wood mallet is best.

Now when going back together, just thumb the hammer back to the reset position before putting the slide/barrel back on the frame

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input JFB, I'll give it shot this Sunday. Anyway I was suppose to use this gun for a CCW permit class today, but instead I used my SW Sigma. I suspect the Sigma is what caused my brain fart in pulling the trigger on the take down of the P3AT, on the Sigma you do, and clearly on the Keltec you don't. But I suppose on the positive side the Sigma helped with it's excellent site posts. I have always been interested in being a gunsmith or at least having that type of undertstanding about firearms, I just wish my little baby gun didn't have to be the sacrificial lamb. I have a perfectly good Beretta 92 FS to practice on dang it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.