Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2nd generation P3AT, shot about 50- rounds through it, no problems, and really like it. Now, of course, I'd like to clean it and I simply can't get the assembly pin out. I see on-line that I have to hold the slide back while I remove the pin. The instruction manual has a picture of not doing that while removing the pin. Is that a difference between 1st and 2nd generation? Any tips for removing the pin other than pry it out by brute force with a chisel blade? (I can't fit a .380 shell under the pin, as in the picture in the manual.) Thanks.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
the photo graph in the manual is a P32, which has a slide lock. thus it can be held back to pull the pin.

I use the same way that sprinter posted.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
If you pull the slide back all the way to the same degree as the P32 when locked you will be able to get a rim case under it. You have to get past that last "ridge" at the end of the slide where the slide gets slightly narrower at the front.

Some use a bic lighter or a big eraser up (or down?) through the magazine to hold the slide. Others with strong fingers can just use their hands but it is a bit awkward.

You don't have to go that far back unless you are looking to use only a casing. All you HAVE to do is 1/8-1/4" just to get the pressure off the pin. After some practice you will get it.

-Scott

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
i like to take some tension off the pin....1/4 inch or so.....i use a flat blade screw drive , perpindicual to the barrel, putting some tension on the frame...i find this keeps the assembly spring from popping out....gpr

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,
This is my first post. I have disassembled my P3-AT several times with no problems. Yesterday, however, I had a problem.
When I pulled the pin and attempted to pull the slide forward, it just stuck about 1/4" forward. It would not move in either direction and it seemed jammed. After pulling the firing pin back, I was able to move the slide back and put the pin back in. The gun seems to function ok when I chamber a dummy load and it ejects ok. Any reason the slide just seemed to jam? Appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks.

G

·
Has any one considered or actually drilled a whole in the gip at the opposite side of the assembly pin?

I can not see why that would cause a problme.

I have wanted to do it, but did not want to try it until I got some feedback from this group.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Maybe mines unique, but don't have any problems pulling the pin with a thin screwdriver and a shop rag to protect the finish. i have found that it is easier to push in if a push the slide back about a 1/16 of an inch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.