Direct Upload of Photos here ?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by preventec47, Mar 25, 2010.

1. preventec47

preventec47 New Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Lastly, we all know how much difference good photos makes to our pursuit of
    these fine weapons and now that technology has improved so much over the last 7 or 8 years and websites are so cheap and massive, there ought to be some exploration of allowing us here to upload our photos directly to the forum server and not have so many of them taken away when the various other photo hosting sites shut down or expire etc.

I dont say this lightly as I have fourteen avaition related forums myself and I know there would be some effort. The main question I suppose is if the old
    Yabb forum code has been updated to handle the uploading, storing and displaying of image files. I have found way too many of the fantastic old posts with lots of photos showing repair and modification instructions etc have become mostly useless now that the photo links are no longer any good. As far as web hosting space goes, I have a website with five gigabytes of storage space and unlimited bandwidth that I pay $21 a quarter for.