Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am inching closer and closer to becoming an RDB owner and wanted to hear about the difficulty of clearing a double feed in the RDB. So is it a real PITA or is it simply racking the charging handle back and forth with the mag out? By PITA I mean do you have to pull the retaining pins to dislodge the bullets?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've experienced both personally. A 'typical' double feed is pretty much as easy as you described. Drop mag, lock charging handle to the rear and it normally works itself out with minimal digging.

I've only had to push pins out one time, my first trip. I did have the walking extractor pin problem that *might* have exacerbated the double feed but I have nothing substantial to back that up with.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Only dealt with this once when adjusting the gas settings. Was undergassed so the bolt wasnt traveling back far enough to eject the spent casings. Removing the mag and cycling to charging handle worked just fine...didn't have to dig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.