Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Difficult slide pull ?

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  WPhilB47 
Hey gang , I recently purchased a p11 for spring/ summer concealed carry. I did notice the slide is difficult to rack, so I took it all apart. I did a really good fluff and buff, to no avail. Slide is still very hard to rack. Any suggestions, or is that normal ? Thank u.
Welcome to the KTOG forum. Congratulations on your new P-11. I think it is my favorite of all the KelTec pistols. Have you shot it yet?

^^^
Not really a fan of the design because of that. Either the hammer should be pulled by the trigger only, and have no slide interaction
That would be an interesting design. Possible with a striker system, but with a hammer?

I think Taurus has both on a couple of their pistolas.
The trigger is partially pre-cocked but if the chambered round fails to fire the next trigger pull is a long, true double-action pull. No, I don't know how they accomplish it.
Sig has the DAK system too, but as you said, they are pre- or partially cocked actions, not true DAO systems. Be difficult to design a hammer and firing pin design that the slide and bolt face are aligned with the hammer, but the slide doesn't engage the hammer in recoil.

It may simply be that the P11 is not right for you. That's not a dig at you or at the pistol, simply that it's not exactly what you want or need. After giving it an honest evaluation, don't hesitate to move on to another one. If that's your choice, I hope you get a good price or trade for the P11, AND quickly find the RIGHT pistol for you. :)
Ditto, and although we may not always have the opportunity to shoot before we buy, we almost always have the ability to handle and rack the slide.

Except that racking the slide on any gun is usually more difficult with a full magazine. And I have yet to find a store to let me try it.. :confused:
True, I suppose, but I've never seen so much difference caused by the friction of a case against the bottom of the bolt that the force needed w/o the magazine wouldn't be a warning sign. If there is no other choice but to buy and keep that weapon, then I would suggest racking the slide before inserting the magazine.

P.S. Although I have exceptional upper body strength, even with my age and illnesses, and haven't met the slide I couldn't rack, I would suppose that if I had the problem I might invest in and carry my own snap caps when shopping a pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.