Different way of making a trigger stop

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Sangueffusor, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I got a little bored and decided to put a roll of electrical tape to good use. I just layered it up about 15-20 times behind the trigger, creating a makeshift trigger stop.

[​IMG]
    It actually works quite well - it has some give because it's made out of stretchy/rubbery material. It's also easily adjustable ;D

2. raybsc

raybsc New Member Supporter

Oct 9, 2006
    Works for me.
    That looks like a thumb, not a trigger finger ;D ;D ;D

3. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Yeah...the picture is just for illustration purposes :p

4. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Not to insult you or anything but the Pencil eraser crazy glued to the back of the trigger well
    look like a better deal.
    Just trim it until it hits the right spot and magic marker it black.

Just cut a pencil eraser off the pencil and glue it up. Trim it until the trigger just break the hammer and your
    good to go.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Pretty cool way to proof the concept with out being irreversible.

6. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I was well aware of the pencil eraser method. I just didn't have a pencil nearby--but I did have a roll of electrical tape. I thought, "hey, that might work", and just started sticking it on. I also like this method because it stops the entire length of the trigger, not just part of it like an eraser would.

Addendum: using a wider piece of electrical tape and using adhesive to better attach it to the sides, wrapping around a bit, will cover up all the layers and make it look nicer.

7. Swissyankee

Swissyankee New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Not to be an A-hole here, but I don't get it. Is this suppose to work like a safety? What if you need to draw your gun in a hurry, how do you get the tape out of the way? Or do you have to apply more pressure on the trigger against the tape to get a round off.  :-[

8. Southernshooter

Southernshooter New Member

May 31, 2007
    Swiss, It ain't a safety it is a way of making the trigger stop after firing. On most guns it inproves accuracy and speed of shooting. As soon as it fires the trigger will stop and not travel back any further

9. Swissyankee

Swissyankee New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Thanks Southernshooter, I understand now. :-[