Different types of grip wraps for the P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by johnfrommd, Jan 23, 2010.

1. johnfrommd

johnfrommd Member

Jul 20, 2007
    I have used Hogue handall and bicycle tubes on my P3AT. Both slip eventually and I am looking for something new to try. Let's hear your solutions. :cool:

John

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005

3. angel71rs

angel71rs Active Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I did the bike tube with mouse pad strips front and rear and it is on there TIGHT! Has not budged at around the 400 rd mark.

4. Seanp11

Seanp11 New Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Maybe not quite a grip wrap but an option.

[​IMG]

Can be aggressive as sand paper or smoothed out a little. Stippling can be done in all different designs

5. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
  6. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I have Traction Grips on mine and love them.

7. jimwiggs

jimwiggs Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Cocoa, FL
    I selected "Other"...I wrap my grips with my fingers, no wraps, pads, etc.

8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
  9. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Other (please identify) Fingers/thumb and palm of hand.

When I first picked up this tiny wonder, I wanted to customize it. So, I put on the bicycle tube grip. Then I thought...why put on anything at all?

I like it just the way it came out of the box.

10. MW_surveyor

MW_surveyor New Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Use the Houge handall jr with stick on neoprene under. No slip at all. Good for the range but thinking about removing and going back to bare grip as tends to "drag" just a bit when just clipped into pocket. May also try the traction grip stick ons.

11. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    +1

12. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I use the Uncle Mikes slip on grip and a very generous member here sent me some Ape tape to try out for padding. Both work great for me. When carrying IWB the textered (read: spikey) KT grip literaly rubbed me the wrong way if there wasn't a t-shirt between me and the gun. The slip on grip took care of that problem too. :)

13. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Ah, I'm beginning to see some of the many reasons why people use grip applications.

The stock stippling IS pretty rough.

14. red71

red71 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    +1 [/quote]
    I got them on my P3AT and PF9

15. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Tractiongrips Jim <>< both 380 and 32

16. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Sprinter's with the pads, one each back strap and front strap. Got it set up like that on both my P3ATs. Tried the Hogue first and although it looked better than Sprinter's it just didn't work out for me.

Take care...

17. stanley

stanley New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    I don't use one, I like stock

18. SAMTU_Ray

SAMTU_Ray New Member

Jan 20, 2008
    "A-Grip" by Brooks Tactical.  Put it on my P32 about 8 years ago and it's still on there.  It adds no drag, does not catch clothing, does not slow draw, provides a "fuzzy" grip that sticks to your hand wet or dry.  Really the best thing I've seen for either handguns *or* golf clubs.

There's a pic of my Glock 19 on his site from way back then...and here a pic of another guys P32:

[​IMG]

19. krustymc223

krustymc223 Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Ohio
    . . Sprinter's grip cover and pads ! . .

20. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I read through the website for sprinter. I'm sure they offer a good product, but their online instructions for putting on the pads is to sand off part of the gun frame texture to make it work.

I guess for me, I wouldn't want to permanently alter my gun just to put on a grip pad. :-?