Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used Hogue handall and bicycle tubes on my P3AT. Both slip eventually and I am looking for something new to try. Let's hear your solutions. :cool:

John

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe not quite a grip wrap but an option.

Can be aggressive as sand paper or smoothed out a little. Stippling can be done in all different designs

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
me too

·
Registered
623 Posts
Other (please identify) Fingers/thumb and palm of hand.

When I first picked up this tiny wonder, I wanted to customize it. So, I put on the bicycle tube grip. Then I thought...why put on anything at all?

I like it just the way it came out of the box.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Use the Houge handall jr with stick on neoprene under. No slip at all. Good for the range but thinking about removing and going back to bare grip as tends to "drag" just a bit when just clipped into pocket. May also try the traction grip stick ons.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I use the Uncle Mikes slip on grip and a very generous member here sent me some Ape tape to try out for padding. Both work great for me. When carrying IWB the textered (read: spikey) KT grip literaly rubbed me the wrong way if there wasn't a t-shirt between me and the gun. The slip on grip took care of that problem too. :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
torrent said:
I use the Uncle Mikes slip on grip and a very generous member here sent me some Ape tape to try out for padding.  Both work great for me.  When carrying IWB the textered (read: spikey) KT grip literaly rubbed me the wrong way if there wasn't a t-shirt between me and the gun.  The slip on grip took care of that problem too.  :)
Ah, I'm beginning to see some of the many reasons why people use grip applications.

The stock stippling IS pretty rough.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Sprinter's with the pads, one each back strap and front strap. Got it set up like that on both my P3ATs. Tried the Hogue first and although it looked better than Sprinter's it just didn't work out for me.

Take care...

·
Registered
115 Posts
"A-Grip" by Brooks Tactical.  Put it on my P32 about 8 years ago and it's still on there.  It adds no drag, does not catch clothing, does not slow draw, provides a "fuzzy" grip that sticks to your hand wet or dry.  Really the best thing I've seen for either handguns *or* golf clubs.

There's a pic of my Glock 19 on his site from way back then...and here a pic of another guys P32:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I read through the website for sprinter. I'm sure they offer a good product, but their online instructions for putting on the pads is to sand off part of the gun frame texture to make it work.

I guess for me, I wouldn't want to permanently alter my gun just to put on a grip pad. :-?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts