Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not mechanicaly skilled. I have fired about 400 rounds to date and clean the gun after every range session. However I have not pulled the pin to breakdown the weapon for fear I won't be able to put it back together.

First, how often should you break down the weapon? Second, any suggestions with little mechanicial ability to accomplish this breakdown cleaning.

Thank you
Allan

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
it is as simple as it can get....hold in left palm with thumb just a little tension on barrel...use a small flat blade screw driver to pop out the pin...if it is tight.you may have to put side tension on the frame to keep the pin spring from unseating....after a couple times you can do it with eyes closed....gpr

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I'll just repeat exactly the same as GPR, but just a little different.

perform first coule times over a clean area, with white towel underneath

Remove the magazine

pull the slide back and verify chamber is empty, release slide

Do not dry fire

use finger tip and fingernail to see if you can move the head of the pin just a little bit in and out. slightly push the barrel back and you will notice it gets easy to push the pin in and out that little bit.

while holding barrel in this position force the rim of a round from the slide's side under the pin's head, then push the top of the round away from the pin, thus prying it out. It will come with a little snap. then you can completely remove with fingers.

Since you have fired it many times with out disassembling, the first time may have a sticking

slide the slide, barrel and springs off of the frame.

If it does not slide off easlily, pull the slide back and let go a couple of times to let it bang itself off.

(or you may need to soft hammer the slide)

the ejector is a small piece in the frame that will easilly fall out

the springs are around the recoil rod that has one end in the slide and the other in a notch under the barrel chamber.

depress slightly on the recoil rod end to compress the spring and lift the recoil rod away from the barrel and then back from the slide to remove spring and rod.

lift the barrel at the chamber and then back to remove it from the slide.

You will notice that the frame rail opposite the ejector will be slughtly beaten. take a file, or a knife and remove the raised aluminum.

to reassembly, be sure the ejector is in the frame

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.