Detail Strip

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tweed, Feb 27, 2009.

1. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    does somebody have any links to video showing detail strip for the p3at.

or a good step by step with good pictures? or is there no such creature?

i have this trigger block i would like to install

and i hate like hell when  i have to bring a gun into the

shop and have it reassembled... it is embarassing.... :-/

oh yea i am not looking for the standard "did you do a search"? reply. ;)

2. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I think there is a video on you tube demonstrating a detail strip. It's really not that complicated though. I have taken everything except the trigger apart on mine several times and I'm not that talented. Just pay attention and maybe take some notes as you're disassembling it.

3. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Here is a video on frame r&r. I don't know what happened with the Golden Loki web site. I had/has lots of great information with pictures on how to work on your 3AT. I will include the link but it isn't working this morning, no idea why.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn0iM06KhHw[/ame]

http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/prep.htm

Billy

4. 1943

1943 New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I also need some information on replacing the hammer block. I have watched the Youtube video a number of times but I believe it does not reference removing and replacing the hammer block. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 1943

5. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    This is actually for the PF9 but the P3's are very similar.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1176553013

Take a look at posts #6,9 and 11 for hammer block replacement, when you reinstall the frame into the grip you need to push the hammer block forward with a small punch as show in post #11, that was the only problem I had replacing mine.

CJ

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Goldenloki comes and goes from time to time. He is also a member here by the way. There is SO much great info on his site that it would be awesome to have a mirrored server, a back up or whatever you want to call it here just to make sure it is not lost in some sort of catastrophe!

-Scott

7. gapman

gapman New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    i used the detail strip instructions from the aformentioned pf9. they worked great. the only problem i had was with the hammer block pin spring combo. you will see what i mean. it really takes three hands. the rest went smooth as silk
    john

8. Rubymarshes

Rubymarshes New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    The video is good information for disassembly of the P3AT but on my gen 2 the hammer spring catch assembly doesn't allow moving the spring over and lowering the hammer spring into the grip to release the tension on it. How do you get around this problem?

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas