Desantis vs Mike's w/armalaser

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by lagerbrewer, Jan 16, 2008.

1. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I just got my armalaser installed and I bought a DeSantis Nemisis holster with it. While the DeSantis is designed for the P3AT with armalser, I really don't like it. It doesn't cover the trigger guard completely which makes me nervous. I was using a Mike's #2 before I got the armalaser and loved it. Well, it's too tight now and I think I will have to get a bigger one. Does anyone know whether #3 or #4 will work with this setup?

By the way, the armalaser is very cool. Not much room for my finger in there anymore, but a worthwhile loss for the instant sighting in an intense situation.

2. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Well, not much interest here huh?

I posted my new DeSantis Nemesis for sale over in the Trading Post if anyone needs one. I fould that a Mike's #3 works well for the level of coverage I'm looking for.

-MG380

3. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    I hate to see a question that doesn't get answered. Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer for you since I've never tried a larger Mike's or a Desantis.

When I pocket carry my P3-AT with ArmaLaser, which is very rare, I use and like very much my Grandfather Oak. The huge portion of the time I use a SmartCarry.

This doesn't really answer your question, but at least you know "someone cares enough to send the very best". :-* ;D

Bobo

4. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Thanks Bobo! I appreciate your input.

5. armalaser

armalaser New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    The magic #s would be an Uncle Mikes #3 & 4. BTW, if the holster isn't working out for you, just send it on back.

Rick

6. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Thanks Mike,

I didn't want to bother you with it. If you don't mind, I will just send it back. It's just not for me.

I gotta say fellow forumites, Rick at Armalaser has bent over backwards to take care of me.

-MG380

7. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Wonder if CT would take that good care of you???

-Scott

8. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Sorry , no experiance with either holster, thanks for posting though. Wife does have the AL and it is great , she's using the K&D 2n1 holster.

9. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Wonder if CT would take that good care of you???

-Scott[/quote]

+1