DeSantis Super Fly Pocket holster for P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by abuck50, Jul 4, 2009.

1. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Has anyone here used this pocket holster? The pocket holster I am currently using prints when wearing some jeans. I have been searching for others online. I found a nice leather one for $55, but I hate to shell out that much for a holster unless I could be sure I would like it. I found the DeSantis Super Fly for Crimson Trace at Midway for $27. I know many use the standard Nemesis and most like it. All input will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Craig

2. crux

crux New Member

May 18, 2009
    I have the Nemesis. As I understand it, the SuperFly is just the Nemesis with an even stickier outer material. From my experience, the Nemesis stays in my pocket just fine when drawing. Making it stickier seems unnecessary.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the Nemesis. It definitely allows the gun to print, but I just throw a cell phone in front of it and it looks fine.

3. roll_tide_daniel

roll_tide_daniel New Member

May 25, 2009
    I currently use the Super Fly on a daily basis, and LOVE it! I have a Nemesis that I use to carry my PF-9, and like it alot, however the Super Fly is vastly better.  I carry with a CT and the outer flap that comes on the Super Fly really keeps it from printing at all! The stickier material keeps it from moving at all.  It also is really cool in the summer, which in the south is pretty helpful!

4. lilearl75

lilearl75 New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    I got the super fly a couple weeks ago and I really love it. It is the only pocket holster I have ever owned so not much to compare it to. But I still really like it. I only use flap for back pocket. I take it off for front pocket.

5. XsYang

XsYang New Member

Jun 24, 2009
  6. jiffyloose

jiffyloose New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Love it ....until I got the Crossbreed Miroclip. Still use both though for different stituations.

7. KaiserSosa

KaiserSosa New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    I like the Nemesis ok for my backup .380 weakside left hand pocket.

My only complaint is difficulties drawing it left handed without the case coming out with it. I havent mastered the "hook method" esp. left handed.

I wonder if one could rig a clip of somekind that could attach to the buttom of the rig and clip onto the pocket material....just thinking outloud.

8. oak1971

oak1971 New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    I need to check this out.

9. XsYang

XsYang New Member

Jun 24, 2009

I don't know if the Nemesis is made of the exact same material as the Superfly, but the material outside the Superfly is pretty sticky and it stays put when I take my P3AT out of my pocket. Sometimes half my pocket comes out when I take the holster out. I did hear that the Superfly is an upgrade based on the Nemesis, maybe they made it stickier (IDK) besides adding the panel so it does not print.