Desantis Popup holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Hornett, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Hornett

Hornett New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Hey all,
    I have been using a new DeSantis #020 Popup holster for about a month now and it is working out great for me.
    http://www.desantisholster.com/020.html
    I had to stretch it out initially because it was so tight I couldn't get my P3at out without a struggle.
    The I had to cut off a section about 1/4" x 1 1/2" to keep it from dropping the magazine.
    (I think the mag issue is a common problem with a lot of holsters for the P3at. though.
    It is working great. I carry it every day.

Anyone else use a Popup holster and what do you think about it?

2. SKYWLKR

SKYWLKR New Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Wow it's a Pager Pal gen too!

3. Hornett

Hornett New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Yup
    Without the pager.

4. jt90078

jt90078 New Member

May 30, 2008
    I actually looked into this when i got my 3at, decided with the nemesis, but may get a pop up depending if i run into carry problems over the summer.

5. bovineguy

bovineguy New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    That is an interesting looking holster. Does the gun actually sit down below your belt line, or does it stick out some? Could you post some pictures of it during normal carry, and when it is ready for you to draw? Thank you...

6. Hornett

Hornett New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    The clip is long enough so that the whole grip of the gun sits below the top of your pants.
    To draw, push on the barrel through your pants, pushing the grip up enough to draw the gun.
    It is definitely not a quick draw rig, but very functional.
    It will be a couple of days before I can get pics up, but I will see what I can do when I get back to my computer.

7. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    +1 I'm interested in this too. A picture of you with it on as you normally carry would be very helpful.

8. bovineguy

bovineguy New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Thank you, I look forward to it. I'm always looking for a new holster.