Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Desantis Nemasis

3K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  Blueline 
#1 ·
Anyone else notice it prints noticeably when seated or when pockets are pulled against the gun? I like the price and construction, but not so much the printing.

#3 ·
Don't do that! :)

Joking aside, if it is a real concern of yours you could, as a temporary measure, fold a paper towel or a handkerchief and put it where the holster goes flat. A more permanent solution would have you sewing on or gluing something onto the holster to fill in that space. Yet another solution might be to get yourself one of the lasers fitting the P3AT and a holster to go with it. One of my P3AT sports an ArmaLaser and with the Nemasis holster that it came with you'd not recognize the printing as a pistol.

Good luck...

#5 ·
monkeyevil said:
Anyone else notice it prints noticeably when seated or when pockets are pulled against the gun? I like the price and construction, but not so much the printing.
Roger that. A lot of in-the-pocket holsters are form-fitted and basically still look like a gun in your pocket.

I agree with perhaps customizing the holster so that you are more comfortable with what the printing looks like.

Also, realize that you are much more aware of what is in your pockets than other people around you.

G
#9 ·
diamond said:
[quote author=Spikejerk link=1265046463/0#5 date=1265086267]Spend the extra 10 bucks and get the Desantis Superfly.  It's basically a Nemesis with a removable anti-print panel.  
Or spend the $10 on ammo  ;) and super glue or sew on your own anti-print panel.  ;)[/quote]

I made one with a DVD case. Its very thin and very rigid and it works great for when I am wearing thin material pants like dress pants.... it still prints but its just a squared off wallet like print. You can glue it or I like velcro. It does not inhibit draw, but you should still practice with it.

#14 ·
When I added my Armalaser to my P3AT and put it in the Nemesis holster designed for it, it really improved the printing to look more like a wallet in my front pocket. The laser is a nice and useful add on for such a small pistol.

#16 ·
diamond said:
[quote author=Mohave-Tec link=1265046463/0#12 date=1265162154]Drop the 380 in your pocket and go.
I guess my thought is that a holster helps keep the gun in an upright direction so that is doesn't turn to where the grip is not easily grabbed if needed.[/quote]
In Ga at least, an unholstered gun in not legal. In any state it is less safe. Sure would suck if those keys or that chapstick kinda got turned 'round and pushed up against that trigger... Even if you keep the gun in a pocket by it's self, you could get bumped into the rack of hard rakes at Home Depot and as you fell, that tine could find its way to the trigger...
Ok, not likely, but keeping the trigger covered is one of the prime funtions of a holster for a gun that only has a long heavy trigger pull and a careful owner as safeties.

#17 ·
lop said:
[quote author=diamond link=1265046463/0#14 date=1265174748][quote author=Mohave-Tec link=1265046463/0#12 date=1265162154]Drop the 380 in your pocket and go.
I guess my thought is that a holster helps keep the gun in an upright direction so that is doesn't turn to where the grip is not easily grabbed if needed.[/quote]
In Ga at least, an unholstered gun in not legal. In any state it is less safe. Sure would suck if those keys or that chapstick kinda got turned 'round and pushed up against that trigger... Even if you keep the gun in a pocket by it's self, you could get bumped into the rack of hard rakes at Home Depot and as you fell, that tine could find its way to the trigger...
Ok, not likely, but keeping the trigger covered is one of the prime funtions of a holster for a gun that only has a long heavy trigger pull and a careful owner as safeties. [/quote]
That would NEVER happen to me...because I shop at Menards. :cool: ;) ;D :)

I definitely understand your "point" of the rake tine. ;) Accidents can happen and gun owners need to be very responsible people, with their guns and in all walks of life. :)

#18 ·
lop said:
[quote author=diamond link=1265046463/0#14 date=1265174748][quote author=Mohave-Tec link=1265046463/0#12 date=1265162154]Drop the 380 in your pocket and go.
Ok, not likely, but keeping the trigger covered is one of the prime funtions of a holster for a gun that only has a long heavy trigger pull and a careful owner as safeties. [/quote]

IANAL so could you explain what this portion of Ga law means? 16-11-126 "any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device"

To me this means an unholstered gun is not illegal.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?title=16&chapter=11&section=126

Please post a link to the particular part of Ga law that prohibits carry of an unholstered gun.

Billy

#19 ·
RCACFBilly said:
Please post a link to the particular part of Ga law that prohibits carry of an unholstered gun.
How about the entire portion of the statute that you didn't quote?

c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section 16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, [highlight]in which event[/highlight] the weapon may be concealed by the person's clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container.
Nowhere in this statute does it suggest that you can carry a concealed firearm without a holster, "hipgrip", or similar device. In fact, the phrase "in which event" means that you must satisfy the earlier portion of the statute (i.e. holster) before you can conceal it. If you read the "Plain English" link on the site, it describes the hipgrip as a form of weapon mounted clip carry, and thus a method of securing the weapon beyond simply putting it in your pocket. Either way, it's clear that the state of GA requires some sort of device to secure the weapon in order to be legal. YMMV, but I doubt holsterless pocket carry would fly in any court as fulfilling the intent of the statute.

#23 ·
Spikejerk said:
[quote author=RCACFBilly link=1265046463/15#17 date=1265205098]

c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section 16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, [highlight]in which event[/highlight] the weapon may be concealed by the person's clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container.
Nowhere in this statute does it suggest that you can carry a concealed firearm without a holster, "hipgrip", or similar device.  In fact, the phrase "in which event" means that you must satisfy the earlier portion of the statute (i.e. holster) before you can conceal it.  If you read the "Plain English" link on the site, it describes the hipgrip as a form of weapon mounted clip carry, and thus a method of securing the weapon beyond simply putting it in your pocket.  Either way, it's clear that the state of GA requires some sort of device to secure the weapon in order to be legal.  YMMV, but I doubt holsterless pocket carry would fly in any court as fulfilling the intent of the statute.
[/quote]

OK. I do not intend to make anyone mad. I believe a belt clip is legal. IANAL and do not take my advise/opinion as truth but please explain where I am wrong.

If what you said is true then hipgrip is also an( i.e.) before the portion that says you may conceal it. The law then states it may be concealed by clothing etc. If it must be in a holster, why does it say hipgrip? What is your definition of a hipgrip and when or why would it be used?

Here is a hipgrip that is being sold. Obviously this is not meant to be put into a holster. The law says hipgrip. Here it is...
http://www.baramihipgrip.com/
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=371889

#26 ·
RCACFBilly said:
[quote author=Spikejerk link=1265046463/15#18 date=1265233351][quote author=RCACFBilly link=1265046463/15#17 date=1265205098]
[highlight]Please post a link to the particular part of Ga law that prohibits carry of an unholstered gun[/highlight].

Nowhere in this statute does it suggest that you can carry a concealed firearm without a holster, "hipgrip", or similar device.  In fact, the phrase "in which event" means that you must satisfy the earlier portion of the statute (i.e. holster) before you can conceal it.  If you read the "Plain English" link on the site, it describes the hipgrip as a form of weapon mounted clip carry, and thus a method of securing the weapon beyond simply putting it in your pocket.  Either way, it's clear that the state of GA requires some sort of device to secure the weapon in order to be legal.  YMMV, but I doubt holsterless pocket carry would fly in any court as fulfilling the intent of the statute.
[/quote]

OK. I do not intend to make anyone mad. I believe a belt clip is legal. IANAL and do not take my advise/opinion as truth but please explain where I am wrong.

If what you said is true then hipgrip is also an( i.e.) before the portion that says you may conceal it. The law then states it may be concealed by clothing etc. If it must be in a holster, why does it say hipgrip? What is your definition of a hipgrip and when or why would it be used?

Here is a hipgrip that is being sold. Obviously this is not meant to be put into a holster. The law says hipgrip. Here it is...
http://www.baramihipgrip.com/
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=371889[/quote]

Nobody's angry. Legal statutes are often murky.

Nowhere does it say that you can't use a hipgrip. It says that you can right in the statute. But your earlier question was asking where it says that you cannot carry an unholstered gun. That was what I was pointing out. GA statute defines the hipgrip as meeting the criteria for a holster. Therefore it's legally a holster. But the law also says that you can't carry a gun without either a holster or a hipgrip, or similar, device. We're obviously in danger of having a heated agreement here. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.