Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "ding" on the slide of my 3at, it almost looks like it took a hard fall onto something sharp, but I can see that it's clearly been blued over. It could have been there when i bought it, but I don't remember seeing it. I know I haven't dropped it or anything. I guess my question is is this something that could be covered by warranty? Obviously it doesnt really affect the function. It's slightly deeper than it looks, but just barely. I was also thinking about getting it plated by Jack, I was wondering if you think it might smoothen out from the sandblasting.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't know what their policy is on cosmetic defects, it may be something like 2 weeks after purchase. Anyway, if the slide works and that is the only problem I would just keep that slide. If you send for a new one you may get one that is susceptible to peening.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
   Yes, if you have had it longer than two weeks, your cosmetic warranty is probably expired. Call KT service: 1-800-515-9983 to find out for sure.

If you send it to Jack, you will get back a perfectly smooth matte finish.

Packer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had it for over a year. I've just sort of ignored it.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
;D If it bothers you, be assured that Jack will remove it before he plates the slide. He is too proud of his workmanship to return something that looks like that uncorrected. Make sure you reference it in your note.

Packer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its actually an empty case. however i wouldnt see a huge issue with it if it were.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
If you are going to send the slide off to Jack for plating, you might just want to melt your slide a bit to take some of the hard angles off. This should allow you to take out the ding! Search for 'slide melt' and I'm sure you will find a couple of threads discussing the procedure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.