Decent 380 FMJ price

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by badchris, Mar 28, 2009.

1. badchris

badchris New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Not yet received my pistol order yet, but I've started hunting for ammo to break it in once it arrives. Bought a couple boxes of Magtech 95gr FMJ for about $16/box. I'm not familiar with this caliber, wondering if this price is average for target loads?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    The best price right now is ANY price. It is almost impossible to find anywhere so that is not bad. $12/box is great and $20/box is out of line (but would still sell like hotcakes if in stock) for target ammo.

-Scott

3. badchris

badchris New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Thanks for that info. Shopping for any ammo stinks right now. I priced some 44 mag and almost puked.

4. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    at this time any 380 acp ammo under $20.00 a box is a good deal. but the problem is finding any 380 acp ammo.

5. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    I hit six stores in the last couple days with no results. Lucky for me (maybe) a buddy reloads 380. Also I was selling some 20ga ammo to a buddy and instead of the $20 we ended up trading 2 boxes of 380 instead after I told him I bought my P3 but no ammo anywhere. He brought it in and ended up being WOLF :( Gotta shoot something :-/

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I looked at several stores and did end up finding some Magtech for $23. The guy has lots but I only bought one box of 50 for now. I have a buddy that got me some S & B FMJ for $14. Since this is so hard to find I might just have him get me a few more. I did make another cool find on Friday as well. I got some Critical Defense for $17 a box from the local Bass Pro Shops.

7. Hepcat_II

Hepcat_II New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    I too have found it hard to find any .380's and when I do, I get them. Like today I found some American Eagle fmj brand for $22.00/box at a local pawn shop. I bought seven boxes. They had more and I almost bought all he had. Still thinking about it. The reason I didn't was because I'm not familiar with this brand or any brand for that matter. I'm not sure if that's the kind I need to just target practice. Does anyone have any thought on this? What's the best ammo to use just for plinking.

8. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Federal American Eagle is quality ammo.

9. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Just an FYI on a deal for some ammo. I spoke with MIdway today and they have Magtech 95 grain ammo on sale for $13.49 per box until midnight tonight. It is out of stock right now but they expect it to be in by 4/11/09. The girl told me that the sale price would be honored if ordered by tonight.