Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Sportsman's Warehouse today and they had a Ruger LCR in .22lr. I knew better than to hold it. Once I did it was no turning back. I have a thing for small guns (they fascinate me) and I have had an itch for a small .22lr revolver. The LCR just felt too good in my hand. The trigger is very nice. Seems like this will be one of the ultimate plinking fun guns.

Yeah I know I didn't "need" it. Heck I don't even have a LCR in 357 or 38, this just seemed liked the best value in a small light weight .22lr revolver. I am already trying to rationalize a LCR in 357 purchase. I am hopeless.

Anyway, I will post a range report as soon as I get it out. Anyone else have one? Interested to see how other owners feel about theirs.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
I didn't know they even made the LCR in .22lr. Looking forward to the range report.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
I'm a firm beliver that the .22lr is a fine defensive round. I would only recommend it for those who, for health reasons, can't handle heavier rounds. But with the high rate of miss fires that .22's have, .22 auto's are out. I think a snub .22 revolver is an excelent gun for some folks.
Looking forward to a range report.

Lop

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm looking for a purse gun for my wife and since she is not much for recoil I look forward to a report too. I have a buddy with the .38 LCR and he really likes it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When the people at my hardware store see me coming, they put yellow tape out creating a lane that leads right to the guns and ammo section.

At least it seems that way.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
8 round capacity. :D What's not to like?

G2S

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know you don't need any encouragement to buy another gun. BUT.......to help justify a larger bore LCR, you now have the training gun to go with it. Sure, I know most people do it the other way around . They buy the bigger gun first, then the associated training gun. However, life is uncertain. Some of us like to have dessert first, then move on to the main course. Enjoy the options :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know you don't need any encouragement to buy another gun. BUT.......to help justify a larger bore LCR, you now have the training gun to go with it. Sure, I know most people do it the other way around . They buy the bigger gun first, then the associated training gun. However, life is uncertain. Some of us like to have dessert first, then move on to the main course. Enjoy the options :D
Do you have a mind reading phaser or something:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Anyone else have one? Interested to see how other owners feel about theirs.
Got one a couple weeks back. GF has been tagging along on range trips, thought she might like it. She sure did, as did I, but range trip didn't go well for the LCR. :(

1. Difficult extraction. Had to smack the extractor rod really hard with my hand sometimes to get it to pop out the spent casings. Happened with Remington bulk and CCI Velocitor, but not with Federal bulk, which had noticeably milder felt recoil.

2. Cylinder binding. Again, did not happen with the Federal bulk, but did with the Remington and CCI. I could see a scrape mark to the right of the firing pin mark on the spent cases that had bind issue.

Sent it off to Ruger Friday before last, along with sample cases showing the scrape.

Side benefit of showing the sweetie how to shoot a revolver: I got a RIA Tactical 9mm at the same time as the LCR 22. After shooing the LCR, I moved her on to the RIA. She sez "this is so much easier!". :D Letting her shoot the LCR 1st was intentional, I knew it would help her shoot the 1911 accurately. She was getting excellent groups till she started getting tired and her mechanics broke down.

Looking forward to reading about your trip to the range for 1st rounds Tenn, hope it goes better than ours.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Seems nice: http://ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Mine is the S&W Model #317. .22LR, 8 shot, Alloy, Revolver. 1 3/8" barrel. 10.5 oz empty (don't know why they had to make the Ruger 4 oz heavier).

I love this gun. My favorite for sure. Amazingly accurate and dependable.

It is pricey (about $650 I believe) but of course you know I think it's worth it.

Another good one to look at I believe is the Taurus Model #94. 9 shot!, .22LR, Revolver.

I also read that you can get the S&W with a 10 rd. barrrel. That sounds nice too.

I believe that Charter Arms has a version also but I seem to remember it is only 6 shot.

-addendum: Just checked. The Charter Arms one is the Pathfinder. Varied barrel sizes. 6 shot. 19 oz (with 2" barrel).
http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_Pathfinder_72224.html

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not meaning to hijack, but I picked up this nice older Pathfinder last week for $290. Nice shooter, hasn't been shot a lot yet.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts