D@MN PART 115

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by virtual-rj, Jan 3, 2009.

1. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    I turned my back and it ran away......

i guess it happens to the best of us.

luckily I had one in the parts box.

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Is part 115 the Ejector?

3. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    ;) the little b@stard that sits in the groove in the frame it is.

i turned my head for a second, and it ran away.....

4. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Close to 3 years now and 115 has never escaped :eek:

I know it's just a matter of time :-?

5. Only two years for me rubb-   but I use a dab of grease on the ejector to hold it in place.  AND a magnetic parts tray sits on the table when ever I clean or work on a gun.

But- for you sake RJ.....

From the great Steve Martin - THE JERK at the birth of the infamous crossed eye producing OPTI GRAB!

I DAM_N  THEE PART 115!

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Only two years for me rubb-   but I use a dab of grease on the ejector to hold it in place.  AND a magnetic parts tray sits on the table when ever I clean or work on a gun.

But- for you sake RJ.....

From the great Steve Martin -  THE JERK at the birth of the infamous crossed eye producing OPTI GRAB!

I DAM_N  THEE PART 115!

[/quote]
    it is held in place with a dab of grease. but it is no where to be found...parts tray and all. so I had to break into the spare parts box.

7. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    I think part 115 is the reason that I found KTOG. The night I got my 1st gen 3AT I disassembled to clean and lost the part; I did a search for P3AT to find out what it was and where it went. The search led me to KTOG. That was 4 years ago last month!

8. ladman

ladman New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    It went in the same black hole where socks go after you put them in the dryer. :-?

9. mydixiwrecked00

mydixiwrecked00 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    SEE i knew keltec had a new light weight model :D....

this is the second liner to my one liner so it dont get confused with a one liner and my head get ripped off and fed to the pigmys ;D

10. HET45

HET45 New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Yeah, I lost this part so many times, I decided to solve the problem once and for all by engraving a little something on the slide   ;D :-/

V

V

V

V

[​IMG]

11. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    ;D
    I was expecting you had engraved YOUR address on the ejector so when It shows up in FL, they would just mail it back ;D

12. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I decided to clean the FP, FP channel and extractor for the 1st time Friday.

I finally found the extractor under the work bench ;D

13. downhill

downhill New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    On the bright side, it doesn't seem to matter whether it is in or out. I've shot the gun not even knowing the thing was missing and it worked fine. I didn't realize it till I got back later and found 115 on my work bench.

14. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    mine once fell into a large box of (at least 500) 9mm uncleaned brass... :-/
    if this happens to you just stare into the brass for about an hour it will eventually
    give its self away...  :eek: then DO NOT try to grap it with your fingers...they can sense
    fingers reaching for them and they are quick and my hide in an empty case... and you may be staring
    into that box again, sneak up on it with magnet.

i no longer disassemble over said box of of dirty brass.
    i go to a seperate table magnetic parts holder and one of them green gun cleaning mats.
    and i have also adopted the dap of grease. ;)

15. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Someone ought to drill a small hole in the frame beneath the ejector, and glue one of those tiny-but-powerful ceramic magnets into the hole.  No more missing part 115.

LINK

16. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Even better, drill a small hole in the frame and press a roll pin into it. Then magnetize the ejector itself!

17. arhdc

arhdc New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    This might seem like a dumb question but have they changed the way that part #115 fits in the newer P3AT's?

I only ask because mine is stuck sooooo tight that I have never been able to move it much less remove it. Mind you, I have not pushed the issue as I am glad that it goes nowhere but it makes me wonder if this is a change or if I just have a VERY tight fitting one.

As a side note I have read that some guys use a dab of black RTV cement (high temp gasket maker, very good, I have used it for other semi-permanent installations) to keep 115 in line. I have not tried this as mine has never even wiggled but it seems like a fine idea seeing as my totally non-moving one seems to work fine.

18. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    i would think if it was suppose to be glued in Kel-tec would have done it.
    it is loose for a reason i suspect.

19. cngraefe

cngraefe New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well now that I've read this thread and re-examined my P3AT....

I've come to the conclusion that I don't ever remember having part 115 on my gun. I purchased at a Gun Show, I'm sure after several hundred had gotten to fondle it. So I quess it is time to ask for one.

20. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    zappa50 had the same thing happen to him. It did not stop me from telling him to buy it.

kt sent one the next day...