Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

Anyone have any experience with the CZ Phantom? I handled one and shot it at the range today and was surprised at it great hand feel and comfort in shooting. It's a hammer operated pistol so the 2A is stiffer than the 1A, but really nice. Pros and cons: let's hear them.

View attachment 32554 View attachment 32555

Attachments

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
A family member has the "CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-Ready". I guess it's similar to the Phantom, except it's all steel rather than polymer. It has a threaded barrel and high sights to poke above a suppressor. Some kind of fancy finish too.

I have shot this CZ a couple of different times and I agree that these are quite impressive guns. Being all steel, it is a heavy pistol (obviously the polymer Phantom would be lighter). This CZ fits my hand well, although not quite as well as my beloved HK. The CZ is natural pointing and very accurate. Rock-solid reliable. Built like a tank, should last indefinitely. Almost zero recoil - probably a combination of good design and it's weight. Definitely a top-shelf handgun. I have compared this CZ (hammer) directly against a Glock 19 (striker), HK VP9 (striker), and S&W M&P (striker). It bested all those, although on a different day I might decide that the VP9 beats the CZ - these are both excellent high-end examples of their different genres. I have yet to directly compare it against my HK P30 (hammer) or Walther PPQ (striker) - two more excellent examples of their genres.

I think you would be very happy with that Phantom!

·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I read a review that mentioned the older all-metal gun weighed 40 oz. But, the lighter polymer frame gun (30 oz.) did not recoil any more to speak of. Looks like a winner. Now . . . what to do with my sweet S&W M&P 9mm with excellent Apex trigger and fore and aft fiber-optic sights. Hmmmmm :confused:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Looks like a winner. Now . . . what to do with my sweet S&W M&P 9mm with excellent Apex trigger and fore and aft fiber-optic sights. Hmmmmm :confused:
Aaaaaaa................keep it. You can have more than one;)
CZs are the most underrated combat handguns in the U.S. IMHO. I would be very surprised if you are not very glad you got the Phantom. There isn't a loser in the CZ75 family of pistols.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.