Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my wife shooting last night..she had a good grip on the .32,but got her left thumb in the way of the slide and it bit her.It never dawned on me that she'd get hold of it that way.She's shot semi's before,but not much.She didn't quit,though.We went thru 200 rounds of .32s plus 9mm and .38 spl.She wants to get her carry permit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It sounds like she's a hockey player! Good for her for staying on the horse. I've seen this happen to more than a few novice shooters. Forunately it wasn't a bigger heavier gun. I saw someone do this with an XD .45. It wasn't pretty.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Tough lady for sure. I know plenty of guys that would have stopped shooting after that.

With the small grip of the P32 you really do have to watch your grip. However, I doubt you will have to remind her of that fact.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
fix it easy! Hair dryer, heat up a lil' straighten with needle nose and put in freezer. Sand a bit off the end. Your done. No more cuts. Don't have to take pistol apart.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Mike, they mean thumb got cut by the slide. This happens when you wrap your left thumb up and over your right thumb, the slide smacks it really good.

It's not a trigger thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts