Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My great customer service experience, apparently with Kel Tec if you have a concern, their customer service department will get offended and send a childish response

michael floyd
reported about 16 hour(s) ago
Greetings,

I recently sent my Sub 2000 in for repair. It seems to be working fine now, so I appreciate that. I have issue though that I didn't receive any documentation on what was repaired, or what the cause of the malfunction was. Also there was no acknowledgement or apology that i was sold a defective weapon, or the fact that I had to spend $50 extra out of my pocket to send the rifle back. I am not asking for reimbursement, which would be cool, or any other compensation, but I think its poor customer service to have no communication at all. I waited two years to get this thing, and it stops performing after 30 rounds, and I have to pay an additional $50 to on top of the $400 i already spent, without even a generic thank you customer letter. I am thinking I can do without any more Kel Tec items, and I the way the repair has been handle, my friends aren't willing to risk money on any Kel Tec items either. I liked the vinyl car decal that came with the rifle, but I have scraped it off. This wasn't cool. I would've been ok with everything, except not even a letter or anything was just too much. I was reading about the great customer service, and now I am thinking those posts were employee plants.

Ericka Marchiano
said about 33 minute(s) ago
I'm sorry the work order wasn't in the box when it was return to you as it usually is. Did you happen to write an email explaining this and asking for it or just assume that we have horrible customer service and don't know how to treat our customers? I've worked here for half of my life now and take it personally when someone assumes that we don't offer something or refuse to help a customer before they've even asked. If you're still done with Kel-Tec, I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding someone to take them off your hands for you. If you would like me to email you a copy of the work order instead, I'll be happy to do so.

As for the $50 you spent in shipping, there are some circumstances where we'll send you a shipping label to cover that for you. Goodies? Yep, got those too. Employee plant posts? Chad's the only one on Facebook for the company and has never had to plant anything. You must be thinking of someone

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sir, we refunded your money, gave you a new one with out charge ,shot the service person that wronged you and burned the factory to the ground. What else would you like for us to do? Is that what you expected? ;) We are all pretty much kel Tec fan boys here and think they do a good job of dealing with------ lets just say unreasonable people , that way nobody has to ban me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
FLT - Before you close out the Bank accounts after the fire, it would be nice if you sent $100 or so to all your loyal fans for ammo. These Kel-Tec firearms just keep eating my ammo and throwing the lead down range so much it is hard to keep any ammo for my next visit. Ahhh , , , you know, just sayin' . . .

Love my S2K!

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys that made me laugh. It is childish to get personally offended when a customer sends in a note regarding a bad experience. I congratulate you guys if you have never had to do that work before, but in customer service you handle the problem, and as long as the request isn't outlandish, take ownership, apologize, and make it right. I do not expect the factory to be burned down or employees shot. That is just silly. Perhaps I am of a different generation. When my car gets repaired, i expect to be informed of the repairs. If I have a contractor perform work in my home, I expect to know what work was performed. I sent in a note before I mailed the weapon back, just like the website required. Paid to have it shipped through a dealer as recommended. I don't believe that expecting a note, to be included without me having to ask is abnormal, nor outrageous. Bully for you that your weapons perform flawlessly. Mine did not. But my intent was not to seek the support and validation of current owners, it was to inform prospective owners of what they could expect if they have a problems. And this post will serve my purpose. I got a trash weapon, and got poor customer service. You may too.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I had to send my S2K and a P32 back, both times i got a slip of what was done. Maybe they forgot to put it in. People are human and do make mistakes. Sometimes the benefit of the doubt is a good thing.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
But my intent was not to seek the support and validation of current owners, it was to inform prospective owners of what they could expect if they have a problems. And this post will serve my purpose. I got a trash weapon, and got poor customer service. You may too.
No, your intent was to gripe and moan about a company we happen to love and respect. This IS a Kel Tec fan group...you really didn't expect a lot of support, did you?

Maybe the good workers at Kel Tec had a bad day, forgot to include the paperwork on your rifle. Then maybe had another bad day and didn't take your attitude very well...I really understand that feeling, sort of going thru that myself today.

Now within 2 whole posts, we have this great impression of you. But maybe not the one you wanted....or did you? This is not the Kel Tec complaint department, take your bad attitude elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
No, your intent was to gripe and moan about a company we happen to love and respect. This IS a Kel Tec fan group...you really didn't expect a lot of support, did you?

Maybe the good workers at Kel Tec had a bad day, forgot to include the paperwork on your rifle. Then maybe had another bad day and didn't take your attitude very well...I really understand that feeling, sort of going thru that myself today.

Now within 2 whole posts, we have this great impression of you. But maybe not the one you wanted....or did you? This is not the Kel Tec complaint department, take your bad attitude elsewhere.
He never did mention when he got it back if it ran great?:headstratch:
"It seems to be working fine now" means he hasn't even shot it.
I think he mostly wanted a detailed list of the work they did and which defective components & workmanship they fixed on his defective rifle.
Did you notice he never mentioned any details about how it malfunctioned?
Oops!
He probably got back the standard "we fixed your gun (replaced parts, polished feed ramp), fired it a ton, and it runs flawlessly".
Nothing worse than someone who wants to complain and doesn't get handed a silver platter with a note saying: "here is your list of things to gripe about".

·
Registered
148 Posts
I, indeed, jumped in on the fun, but my intent was not to torch or ridicule, just to laugh. My apologies to Randum367. I didn't feel he came here to the forum just to moan or whine, but to share. We all love our Kel-Tec fan club, and what better group to let Kel-Tec know the TRUTH, than the guys who will back them up with our $. And I hope Randum comes back and joins in the fun we all have had on this forum, sharing the good AND the bad. Just MHO . . . . .

·
Registered
238 Posts
... Perhaps I am of a different generation. When my car gets repaired, i expect to be informed of the repairs. If I have a contractor perform work in my home, I expect to know what work was performed. I sent in a note before I mailed the weapon back, just like the website required. Paid to have it shipped through a dealer as recommended. I don't believe that expecting a note, to be included without me having to ask is abnormal, nor outrageous...
In my opinion there were expectations that you built up in your mind based on being of a different generation" that could have contributed to the mess here.

I had a problem with my Sub-2000. I began a dialogue with Kel-Tec prior to sending the gun back to them. After 2 or 3 messages back and forth it was determined that they needed the gun back, so they sent me a return label. I printed out the e-mail thread and put it in the box back to them.

When the tracking company said the gun was delivered I sent an e-mail and Kel-Tec verified that they received it. I got a tracking number via about 2 weeks later when it was coming back.

There was a work order in the box, but because of my prior communication I knew what they would be working on so it wasn't a surprise.

I didn't expect an apology, I just expected the repairs to be done.

They were.

Could have been your story too but you seem to have some expectations that Kel-Tec should have been more reverent to you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.