customer service???

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 99ncxj, Oct 16, 2008.

1. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I keep hearing about everyone's great experiences with Kel Tec's customer service. I must say...after my call to them this morning I don't agree. I was connected to the rudest lady i've ever spoke to...and i've spoke to some pretty rude ladies before.

All I'm trying to do is get some warranty replacement parts (hammer spring assy) and its like pulling teeth. I asked about getting the new design hammer block and you would have thought i was asking her for one of her kidneys.

anyone else gotten that response before? She also told me that the P3AT doesn't have a metal mag release option. I was told on here that there is one from kel tec. What gives?

2. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    kel tec doesnt make the metal mag release it is made from a guy on here which i believe is DaveNC. so they are right on that one.

3. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Did you talk to the Service Department or Sales. Talk to service.

And no KT does not have a metal catch for the P3.

4. Same issue as in this thread I assume?

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1224088499/2#2

Same reply from me:

I have seen very few reports of this the hammer springs breaking, but I have seen a few.  The scary thing is, if you had not looked at it while cleaning, you would not have noticed.

[highlight]CALL[/highlight] Kel-Tec [highlight]SERVICE[/highlight] and tell them the spring broke and you want a new [highlight]HAMMER/SPRING ASSEMBLY[/highlight].  Not just the spring, but the ASSEMBLED unit.  They will send you one out same day and get you running.[/quote]

[highlight]CALL[/highlight] Kel-Tec [highlight]SERVICE[/highlight].

For urgent customer service questions please call 321-631-0068 M-F 8am-4pm EST

The toll free number is : 1-800-515-9983

Kel-Tec has EXCELLENT SERVICE, but no- they do not offer a metal catch for the 3AT....but I have 4 after market catches made by and bought from KTOGers.

5. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    thanks for the info on the mag catch.

I asked for the service dept. but guess I could have gotten the sales.

I hope they send me out a new spring. All she said was that she would call me back and then hung up on me.

My little 380 doesn't leave the house much anymore but Its killing me seeing it in a zip lock baggy all in parts. Its like my night stand drawer is a morgue and the baggy is a body bag :(

6. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Give them another call.  You may have caught someone having a bad day.

Hmmmmm. When I call I get an automated answer system that tells me to press a number for service. Don't remember if it's two or three. Heck it could be one.

Call them again.

7. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    when you call it is automated. I pressed 2 for service. I'll call back tomorow if i don't hear from them.

8. Cortty

Cortty New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    I had two plesent conversations with KT today. One with service another with sales. Service is sending me a mag kit and updated hammer block. The lady was very nice and gave me no problems. My sales call was good aswell. Must have caught someone having a bad day.

9. harleyboy

harleyboy New Member

May 25, 2008
    I called Kel tec a couple of days ago, asking for the little ejector that I some how lost.
    The man who answered said he would send one out, I have not received it yet but I am sure it will come.
    The funny thing is I shot about 60 rounds without a problem, when I went to clean the gun I noticed I had lost the piece prior to shooting. I GUESS IT WORKS WITHOUT THE LITTLE EJECTOR PIECE !! :-/

10. forestranger

forestranger Active Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    I took mine to the range. Shot maybe 50 rds thru it. No problems. Went home, took it apart. Guess what? Ejector was missing. Lucked out and found it on work bench. Dab of lube keeps it in place now. :)