Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing about everyone's great experiences with Kel Tec's customer service. I must say...after my call to them this morning I don't agree. I was connected to the rudest lady i've ever spoke to...and i've spoke to some pretty rude ladies before.

All I'm trying to do is get some warranty replacement parts (hammer spring assy) and its like pulling teeth. I asked about getting the new design hammer block and you would have thought i was asking her for one of her kidneys.

anyone else gotten that response before? She also told me that the P3AT doesn't have a metal mag release option. I was told on here that there is one from kel tec. What gives?

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Did you talk to the Service Department or Sales. Talk to service.

And no KT does not have a metal catch for the P3.

G

·
Same issue as in this thread I assume?

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1224088499/2#2

Same reply from me:

Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
[quote author=99ncxj link=1224088499/0#0 date=1224088498]I was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with thier hammer springs.  I was taking mine apart today to clean it and found that the tip of my hammer spring was broken where it hooks into the hammer.  there is still enough of it there to catch the pin but I wouldn't trust it to stay there.  

I have sent keltec an email about it and tried to call but no answer today.  Hopefully they will help me out with this.  
I have seen very few reports of this the hammer springs breaking, but I have seen a few.  The scary thing is, if you had not looked at it while cleaning, you would not have noticed.

[highlight]CALL[/highlight] Kel-Tec [highlight]SERVICE[/highlight] and tell them the spring broke and you want a new [highlight]HAMMER/SPRING ASSEMBLY[/highlight].  Not just the spring, but the ASSEMBLED unit.  They will send you one out same day and get you running.[/quote]

[highlight]CALL[/highlight] Kel-Tec [highlight]SERVICE[/highlight].

For urgent customer service questions please call 321-631-0068 M-F 8am-4pm EST

The toll free number is : 1-800-515-9983

Kel-Tec has EXCELLENT SERVICE, but no- they do not offer a metal catch for the 3AT....but I have 4 after market catches made by and bought from KTOGers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info on the mag catch.

I asked for the service dept. but guess I could have gotten the sales.

I hope they send me out a new spring. All she said was that she would call me back and then hung up on me.

My little 380 doesn't leave the house much anymore but Its killing me seeing it in a zip lock baggy all in parts. Its like my night stand drawer is a morgue and the baggy is a body bag :(

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Give them another call.  You may have caught someone having a bad day.

Hmmmmm. When I call I get an automated answer system that tells me to press a number for service. Don't remember if it's two or three. Heck it could be one.

Call them again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had two plesent conversations with KT today. One with service another with sales. Service is sending me a mag kit and updated hammer block. The lady was very nice and gave me no problems. My sales call was good aswell. Must have caught someone having a bad day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I called Kel tec a couple of days ago, asking for the little ejector that I some how lost.
The man who answered said he would send one out, I have not received it yet but I am sure it will come.
The funny thing is I shot about 60 rounds without a problem, when I went to clean the gun I noticed I had lost the piece prior to shooting. I GUESS IT WORKS WITHOUT THE LITTLE EJECTOR PIECE !! :-/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.