Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I hope it is really good news. Call customer service at Kel-tec and spoke with a kinda grumpy gentleman who informed me that.
"The issue with the slides has been resolved". that the guide holes still will be tapered but they are not milling them as deep leaving more metal. I also asked if they were availble now when sending in a slide for replacement, He states only new slides will ship. ;D

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
bangbang said:
Call customer service at Kel-tec and spoke with a kinda grumpy gentleman ...
That would likely be "Bill." And I bet any slide question makes anyone there grumpy right now! I feel for them, but it is a problem of their own making (as opposed to the customer's).

-Scott

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
i guess asking grumpy bill why kt went to drilling might be pressing things

G

·
WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-----

Happily packing up this slide

I have been waiting for the above post before I sent it back to KT.

I did the credit card exchange deal. When they sent me the new slide, I held on to the old one, hoping they would resolve the issue and I could get a good slide.

Hopefully they will send me a good slide, but I will not use it until the one I have on my gun now shows signs of peening.

So... bottom line... yeah I am paying to have an extra slide, but I will have back up if I need it.

Besides all that, I think I will "melt" , port and refinish the slide I am using now.

Does any one know how much KT wants for a 3AT barrell?

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
Does any one know how much KT wants for a 3AT barrell?
Tangential data only - but as of this morning a P11 barrel is $100.70. I was only asking about P11s but the answer I got was "Barrels are $100.70" The way it was said it could have been limited to my question or it could have been "all barrels."

-Scott

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
If ALL slides are going to have a drilled tapered hole, the insert makes more sense to keep the springs from being forced into the rod. when properly fitted it will not add to the outer springs solid lenght.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
manr0e said:
So in order to get a new "fixed" slide, do I have to send my gun/slide to them ...or will they ship me a new one with a CC...and then I can ship them back the old one?!?
You can do either, myself I'm waiting on solid proof from exchange reports.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rubb said:
You can do either, myself I'm waiting on solid proof from exchange reports.
Me too. My P-3AT is being shipped back to me this coming week with a new slide. I'll be very interested to see if it peens.

If it doesn't--great. If it does, then I will have gotten a "bad" slide AFTER Kel-Tec identified the problem........

·
Registered
42 Posts
The lady on the phone said they had realized the issue when they sent out my new slide. New slide shows signs of peening...couldn't do much more testing before the pin started coming out of the trigger.

:-/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.