Custom Look on Billfold Brown

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rebootit, Jul 1, 2011.

1. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    I received a Brown p3at this week from CDNN and I wasn't real happy with the blue job. Thats not the fault of CDNN, it's just KT doesn't spend a lot of time on blue it seems. So I redid the gun in Duracoat and Molycoat. What do you think of the results?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Toney_D

Toney_D Active Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Oklahoma

3. ksmoose

ksmoose New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Much better than the blue, I like it.

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi,

I'd have to see a side by side before and after in order to give an opinion. If you like the look and the pistol hasn't been made unreliable as a result then you can be happy with what you did.

5. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    And here is one that is the opposite colors with a grey grip. I like it even more.

[​IMG]

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Yes! The one with the grey grip looks much better to me.

7. pistolpete35

pistolpete35 New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Is the bilfold brown model of the same quality as the other p3ats that are listed on the cdnn web page? Only reason I ask is in the web add it says "all machined parts" on the add for the other p3ats and it doesn't say that for the billfold brown add. Not that there's anything wrong with mim parts. Just curious if kel tec did a huge run of billfold brown models that are made differently.

8. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    It looks to be the same p3at that any of the others are. I will say the newest 32's and 380's have much better looking machine work than the 380 I bought last year and carry every day. For instance the inside of the slides on all the new guns are glass smooth. My carry gun when I bought it you could see machine marks in the top of the slide. Feed ramps also are very shiny and look polished on the new guns. It also seems the springs on the 380's are much stiffer than my first p3. They look like slightly thicker wire so maybe KT has changed them? The grips also look better. My old gun I sanded ridges on the back-strap and inside the trigger guard and on the grip under the barrel. I noticed on some grips I bought to do some hydrographic work on also came much better looking on the last batch. Quality has improved quite a bit in the last few months.

9. eccoboot

eccoboot New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    now looks better

10. gadsden00

gadsden00 New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    i like the grey grip better...looks nice.. i really wanted a billfold brown kt...but it seems im starting to grow away from it. Now im loving the tan

11. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Nice looking shooter.

One of mine is close

[​IMG]