Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a Brown p3at this week from CDNN and I wasn't real happy with the blue job. Thats not the fault of CDNN, it's just KT doesn't spend a lot of time on blue it seems. So I redid the gun in Duracoat and Molycoat. What do you think of the results?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hi,

I'd have to see a side by side before and after in order to give an opinion. If you like the look and the pistol hasn't been made unreliable as a result then you can be happy with what you did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is the bilfold brown model of the same quality as the other p3ats that are listed on the cdnn web page? Only reason I ask is in the web add it says "all machined parts" on the add for the other p3ats and it doesn't say that for the billfold brown add. Not that there's anything wrong with mim parts. Just curious if kel tec did a huge run of billfold brown models that are made differently.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks to be the same p3at that any of the others are. I will say the newest 32's and 380's have much better looking machine work than the 380 I bought last year and carry every day. For instance the inside of the slides on all the new guns are glass smooth. My carry gun when I bought it you could see machine marks in the top of the slide. Feed ramps also are very shiny and look polished on the new guns. It also seems the springs on the 380's are much stiffer than my first p3. They look like slightly thicker wire so maybe KT has changed them? The grips also look better. My old gun I sanded ridges on the back-strap and inside the trigger guard and on the grip under the barrel. I noticed on some grips I bought to do some hydrographic work on also came much better looking on the last batch. Quality has improved quite a bit in the last few months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i like the grey grip better...looks nice.. i really wanted a billfold brown kt...but it seems im starting to grow away from it. Now im loving the tan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts