Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a source for LONG (19") rails segments at a really good price (but had to buy 5) and decided to make my own full length rail. Took some careful measuring, drilling , and filing but I got it, including a support block to lock in the rear end. cost, $10 plus 2 screws I already had.
Took a couple hours last night, but it kept me from watching the news....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if anyone is interested, I have 4 more rail segments i'll sell for the $10 i paid + shipping

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
if anyone is interested, I have 4 more rail segments i'll sell for the $10 i paid + shipping
I am interested. How is the rear support block mounted? Any up close pics of that area?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here u go. that block at the rear is a left over piece of rail, flipped upside down and connected with screws. i filed and sanded it to fit without lifting the rail from the barrel contact poinys, then bedded it to fit perfectly with a skim coat of JB weld. i made it stick out a bit lond and machined that lip to fit the groove at the back of the barrel. probablt not necessayr but i was in the groove that night. hint, to center the mounting holes, a 5/16 bit is a snug fit in the groove in the rail! so chuck one in tour drill press, get it centered where u want the hole and spin it a few times. now you have a punch mark to drill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m also interested but don’t have the drill press to do this properly. Would you be interested in selling a turnkey, ready to install version like your own? Unpainted is fine.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m also interested but don’t have the drill press to do this properly. Would you be interested in selling a turnkey, ready to install version like your own? Unpainted is fine.
for $10 i'd center and drill the 2 holes for the existing mounting blocks on the barrel, but that rear block, for me, takes a lot of hand work to fit it to the barrel and I'd have to charge you probably $75 + the rail to do the whole thing. i'd need to pull my rail off to make yours, then re-zero mine afterwards and shorty slugs are not cheap if you can find them:cry:. If you have a way to drill and tap the holes for the rear block, it's just a lot of hand filing to fit it to the gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts