Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Custom grip/pads by forum member

869 views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Kwesi 
I've been nosing around the 9mm's myself lately. I usually shun anything that is trendy, and the Glock name gets bandied about by gun and non-gun people alike. It's sort of like all facial tissue being called Kleenex, all plastic bowls being called tupperware, or all photocopies being called a Xerox. The Glock name is almost synonymous with a black pistol. People that know nothing about firearms almost always have heard of the name Glock, and toss it out there because it's a cool reference.

After looking for a compact 9mm that can be used for carry, as well as a fun shooter at the range, my short list has the G19 near the top. I'm finding that it's pretty tough to beat the stock Glock trigger. Most other guns in the $500 +- $50 category seem to have a God awful heavy trigger.

I was at Gander Mountain, and asked to see a S&W Sigma 9mm. It couldn't hurt to check out a $300 gun that might turn into a nice piece at good price. It felt nice in my hand, and I asked the clerk if I could dry fire it to feel the trigger. After three pulls, my finger actually was beginning to hurt.

When you get that 26 out to the range, I'd love to read a detailed report of what you think about the gun. I've narrowed my Glock choice pretty much to the 19, but that compact little 26 is still singing a siren song my way.

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.