Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't just let things sit and not tinker with them.  I'm also sick and tired of buy guns only to turn around and sell them.  

So, I decided to have the slide on my P3AT engraved, figuring that if I engraved it, I'd feel like I couldn't sell it.  I messed around with pictures in Photoshop to try out different ideas and then took it into an engraving shop.

I also created a more ergonomic grip using 3 layers of bike inner tube and a small piece of heavy electrical wire slightly bent and inserted between the layers of inner tube to create the raised area on the front of the grip. It has a nice feel.

Left Side: P-3AT

Right Side: Scroll Design

Here are some close-ups

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm very please with my one-of-a-kind hand gun. It turned out how I had imagined.

nashvillemike said:
Nice work, very distinctive. What made the bumps on the front strap area of the grip?
The bump is a short piece of wire (your typical house wire - Romax). I gave it a little bend and then inserted it under the second layer of inner tube.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Looking gooooooood :cool:

Your idea about putting the finger bump exactly where it needs to be in order to fit your hand perfectly is great! May even be a first - glad you posted it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wheelguy said:
Looking gooooooood  :cool:

Your idea about putting the finger bump exactly where it needs to be in order to fit your hand perfectly is great! May even be a first - glad you posted it.
Patent Pending ;)

The neat thing is you can adjust it until it feels just right.

And the three layers of inner tube give it a very comfy feel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.