Custom Engraved Slide and my new grip pad

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by diamond, Jun 24, 2010.

1. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I can't just let things sit and not tinker with them.  I'm also sick and tired of buy guns only to turn around and sell them.  

So, I decided to have the slide on my P3AT engraved, figuring that if I engraved it, I'd feel like I couldn't sell it.  I messed around with pictures in Photoshop to try out different ideas and then took it into an engraving shop.

I also created a more ergonomic grip using 3 layers of bike inner tube and a small piece of heavy electrical wire slightly bent and inserted between the layers of inner tube to create the raised area on the front of the grip. It has a nice feel.

Left Side: P-3AT
    [​IMG]

Right Side: Scroll Design
    [​IMG]

Here are some close-ups
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008

3. gcnd

gcnd New Member

May 18, 2010
  4. mcinil

mcinil New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Looks great.

MC.

5. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

Look's real nice. :) Now, you have one of a kind.

6. nashvillemike

nashvillemike New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Nice work, very distinctive. What made the bumps on the front strap area of the grip?

7. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Thanks everyone. I'm very please with my one-of-a-kind hand gun. It turned out how I had imagined.

The bump is a short piece of wire (your typical house wire - Romax). I gave it a little bend and then inserted it under the second layer of inner tube.

8. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Looking gooooooood :cool:

Your idea about putting the finger bump exactly where it needs to be in order to fit your hand perfectly is great! May even be a first - glad you posted it.

9. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Patent Pending ;)

The neat thing is you can adjust it until it feels just right.

And the three layers of inner tube give it a very comfy feel.