Curious about range ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TheWrights2004, Dec 14, 2008.

1. TheWrights2004

TheWrights2004 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Before I went to the range I stopped by KT headquarters to get a free feed ramp polish and showed them the ammo I purchased for the range, Sellier & Bellot. They said they do not recommend it as it is European and may have feed issues. They recommended I pick up some Winchester clean or Winchester white box. I did swap out what I had for what they suggested.

I am curious though...

Has anyone had issues w/ S&B ammo to validate their warning?
    Do the majority of shooters here plink at the range w/ Winchester clean/white box in there P3AT?
    What would be better/more accurate range ammo that would cost in the $15-$20 for 50 round range?

Thanks again for all the info from you more experienced individuals. It truly is appreciated.

2. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I searched around and WWB appears to be a solid choice since 1) it's relatively inexpensive and 2) you can pick it up at most local stores. My Wal-Mart happens to stock the 50 and 100ct. boxes. FWIW I paid $31.xx for the 100ct. .380 the other day.

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Plenty use S&B.  I have shot some myself.  Just about any BRASS-CASED ammo is usually fine although individual guns can sometimes be picky.

Win White Box and Rem UMC are popular and usually available at Walmart, etc, but there are plenty of options.

4. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I've used WWB, American eagle, Fedral, Remington, and my own reloads. Gun seems to do fine with all.

CK