Cured the Nasty Recoil Bite

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bluesman, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bluesman

bluesman New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    I love my little P-3at, but man I hated the  hand pain created by the kick coupled with the darn sharp knurling on the grip.  I bought myself some KTaddon grips  www.ktaddons.com.

I bought the rubber grip and the stick on pads.  It is amazing the difference in the gun, absolutely  100% better.  My only complaint is that the rubber grip is a bit thin and when I draw the gun from the holster it flaps under my thumb, but no other complaints.

This is now hands down my number 1 pocket carry gun, and has now officially replaced my seecamp .32

2. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Glad to hear another happy owner! :cool: I think it's great you found what works for you.

3. radioflyer

radioflyer New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I had the same issues. Hated shooting the damn thing and figured it was only for when I needed it but i also wanted to be proficent with it so I took the pain. That all changed when I put the extension on the magazine and the Hogue grips on. I put the grip upside down, it fits and feels much better.

the gun is now a pleasure to shoot and can go through 100 rounds ( if I can find them ) with no problems

4. PShea

PShea New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Cool find! I'm going to make my own out of a strip of recoil pad.
    If it don't work... I know where to go!!
    thanks

5. 2thman

2thman New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I got the ktaddons grip pads and cover several months ago. It worked great, but sure looked an awful lot like a piece of bike innertube and two small pieces of craft foam. If I had known that was what I was getting I would have made the same thing myself. It definitely helps the grip though.

6. randyr5

randyr5 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Same here. Now that I know what it is, I will make my own. I already make my own inner tube grips for P32 aand P3AT. The craft foam underneath the tube makes it even better. Plus, by doing it myself, I can customize the size of the foam pads to my neeeds.