CT or Armalaser

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by soundlzrd, Aug 5, 2008.

1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd New Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I can never get the search to work well, so I appologize if this topic has been beat to death.
    The sights on the p32 and p-3at are not so good in low light, or dark. I want a laser for my main carry gun.

I was just curious which laser people like best. I like the armalaser because they seem to support the form, and it is less expensive MSRP. However, I have heard of CT more in the Glock circles where I started. (that being said, I do not have a laser for my glock either, but I am looking.)

2. compuvette

compuvette New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Well, I picked up an Armalaser for my P3AT today and I hope I made the right choice!

3. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Of course you did. They're both great products.

4. crsny

crsny New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    compuvette,

where did you get your laser from?

5. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    I bought both an AL and a CT. The AL is great, but I sent the CT back because the on-button was just too sensitive. It kept going off in my holster causing the batteries to drain. The CT for my 357 has a decent button - don't know why they didn't use that button on the P3AT model.
    [​IMG]

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi,

Any of you folks using both the CT and grip sleeve on your P3AT? How does it feel and look with the sleeve (and maybe also the grip pad) cut to allow for the CT? Any pictures?

Thanks...

7. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I'm using a cut down Handall Jr. with mine, I don't recall making any special cuts for the laser button but the pictures will rat me out if I'm a liar.

They're posted near the bottom of the page in this other thread about blued barrels http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1217889296

8. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    I have CT on all my revolvers and pistols, except my P380.
    I believe they have the superior product.

9. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    While trying out the CT before I returned it, I tried it with and without a cutout. There is noticeably more stress on the thin CT plastic parts, so I did the deed before I knew what a PITA the button would be. I put the CT on, then used an exacto knife with the CT as a guide to get the cut shaped correctly. Even without the CT, the cutout doesn't interfere with weapon operation, so I haven't bothered to replace the grip.
    [​IMG]

10. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Thanks Wheelguy!

11. NAS_T_MAG

NAS_T_MAG New Member

Mar 5, 2008
  12. mydixiwrecked00

mydixiwrecked00 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    i love my armalaser for 3 reasons. 1 when i pocket carry it squares out the front end nicely, i dont have the definitive gun imprint (it does fit nicely in my uncle mikes size 3 too) , 2 the resistive switch is pretty trick and is protected from your pocket/ holster by the trigger so no false turn ons. and the auto off is a nice touch...yes your finger is on or passed over the trigger but i guess this doesnt matter to much, if your using a laser your intention is to shoot ... or annoy the cat( bad i know) 3 price. as a side note i have been carrying with the belt clip now for the past few months and since i was born with no rear my pants tend to slide down, that being said, i sit on it from time to time and i can tell u this, its durable and has in no way shown any signs of problems because of it. now as for the CT laser.... i have nothing against their product, just think on the p3at the armalaser suites ME best but i will be getting some ct laser grips for my s/w as soon as money permits:)

13. NAS_T_MAG

NAS_T_MAG New Member

Mar 5, 2008
    And the Superfly holster.
    [​IMG]

14. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    For much the same reason as I don't particularly like any grip sleeves with molded finger rests on them I don't like the CT as much as I like the AL on the P3AT (mileage may vary on other weapons.)  

The realestate on the P3AT grip is very hard to come by and I have not been comfortable with anything that forces my fingers to be in a particular spot to work.  If you take a look at the sample pics posted earlier in this thread you will see that your top finger is not going to be able to go "up" as far as it could without the CT (and my second finger wants to sit right where the "high" point is on the ridge of the Hogue.  By looking at the pics it looks to me like you just "took up" 15% (+/-?) of the grip space and I can't afford that...

Note how much "more" of the grip is available to get a hold of:
    [​IMG]

This was a "concern" of mine when I first got an AL.  And then I learned that I was not using it correctly.  When using it correctly you should never be anywhere near the trigger with the hand (finger/thumb) that activates the AL.  In standard configuration for a right handed shooter (whose right index finger is usually on the trigger) the AL is designed to be activated by the LEFT hand thumb...never going over the trigger:

[​IMG]

-Scott

15. mydixiwrecked00

Jul 25, 2008
    That makes sense seeing it done. but its also nice to know that if u are in a SHTF situation all u need to be is fast enough to get your weapon in hand and pointed and the laser comes to life without compromising seconds fumbling. thanks for the correct arming proceedure of the laser thou, never knew that.

[​IMG]
    i need to see if duracoat comes close to matchign the factory blue so i can do my laser and finger extensions

16. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    True. But admittedly both the CT and the AL will do this assuming your top finger doesn't slip off the CT button.

I have OFTEN wondered why Rick doesn't make a few different colored bodies for the AL to match the blue or the grey. Back when I had a few P3ATs I really wanted to put the AL on a grey grip but it just didn't "look" right.

You are welcome but I can't take credit for it. Rick himself was very patient through my rants and raves about how unsafe his product was until I was calm enough to be "educated" on what he was thinking with the design. Then I learned that this grip also significantly improved accuracy and any chance of limp wristing because you are pushing with your strong hand, pulling back with your weak hand, and the pistol is locked solid "in between."

-Scott

17. mydixiwrecked00

Jul 25, 2008
    i not forum savvy enough to figure out how to quote others yet but im working on it. it took me 20 mins to get that picture up:) in regard to the finger slipping off the ct... IMO in a SHTF situation the armalaser is a nobrainer, your finger is going to the trigger and there will be a loud band and hopefully the bad guy hits the ground and not you. the ct adds one more step in the process from identifying the threat to facing the jury. maybe its that step that makes u think twice.. or maybe its the step that puts u in the ground. not saying a laser is going to save you life but it will greatly increase your chances of putting lead on target and not into an innocent bystander. whatever laser one decides to purchase it will be a great addition to this lil gun. i agree, the black laser does look out of place on my blue gun... im voting they make blue laser cases . its also nice to know theres a correct way to make the cat spastic now besides leaving the mags out and clearing the chamber over and over like i have ocd ;D

18. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Quoting is easy. Instead of hitting "Reply" at the bottom center of a post hit "Quote" at the upper right. It puts all the text you need there for you in the reply screen.

New found grip notwithstanding, I don't think I would recommend playing laser games with the cat with a loaded pistol... or I guess even an unloaded one. Get a pen laser pointer for that and save the muscle memory of thinking your gun is a toy.

-Scott

19. mydixiwrecked00

Jul 25, 2008
    i bought a laser pen the day after i bought the armalaser..... the cats safe. i have had the armalaser for close to a year now and its still fully charged. only time she powers up now is for targets.. i recently purchased an insight x2l for my hk( home defense gun) and i have to say as much as i like the combo of light and laser, i wish it had the same resistive style switch the armalaser has.