CT for P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rich62643, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    I just ordered the CT for my P3AT. Price $169.99 which included shipping. I had the Armalaser on my P32, but I think I prefer the CT. It doesn't appear as bulky as the Armalaser, and if it lives up to the CT on my Kimber .45 I will be happy. Are there any happy P3AT owners with the CT sights out there ?

2. heavyvino

heavyvino New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I've got a middle finger that wont bend far enough to use the on button so if I get a laser it will be the the armalaser.

3. PF9Newbie

PF9Newbie New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I just picked up one the CT lasers a couple of weeks ago for my P3AT and really like it,  Does not add much weight, works just fine when gripping the gun normally.  Mine was 169.00 and came with Galco pocket holster to fit the gun with the laser installed.  Installation could not have been easier.  Will continue to practice using sights also as any laser can fail at a critical moment of course, but this thing makes quick point shooting a snap.

4. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I started with an armalaser, about a yr. ago, and after 3 mo. switched to CT. Very satisified with the CT, in fact I got another one for the P32. The armalaser worked as advertised, but I wanted full control over it with the button switch. I even bought a button activated laser for the S&W K38 Masterpiece, in the safe box, beside the bed. Wife likes them too.  Jim  <><

[​IMG]

5. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    I concur.
    Just received mine from CTD, paid $201, but don't have it mounted yet.
    I've purchased CT's for S&Ws and Springfields and have been undisappointed.
    I DO think Armalaser IS too blocky both in volume and aesthetics.
    I wish CT would develop one for the P11.

6. Yup------Bunches of us........GREAT addition to the 3AT.

7. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Heck, you can get a P3AT with a CT right now for $300 in the TP. InDirect from CT - more or less.

-Scott

8. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    just got my CT a couple weeks ago and i love it!   i paid $169 at opticsplanet.com and it came with the nice galco holster (i use the concealment concepts PocketPal though).  i've heard complaints that the activation button makes some people feel as if they have to change their grip.  i don't even feel or think about the activation button at all; i just grip it and it works like magic.  ;D

definitely a happy customer so far,

kb

[​IMG]

9. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Kbizzle.........that's where I ordered mine from, but I didn't see any offer about a holster. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. Anxiously awaiting.

10. T_Rob

T_Rob New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Is it hard to get these zeroed in ? At what range ? How many rounds ? What's the battery shelf life ??? :-/

11. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    The way I did my CT on my Kimber, (I haven't received mine yet for my P3AT) was first make SURE your gun is not loaded, then make sure your gun is not loaded again. After installation I pointed it at a blank wall and just tried to line up the laser to my point of aim as best I could. With the P3AT I would guess 8 or 10 yards would be OK. This saves a lot of ammo at the range. Battery life, I am not sure of.

12. PF9Newbie

PF9Newbie New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wisconsin

The process for zeroing the laser is quite simple. Just aim at a good target at the range you want (factory zero is claimed to be 50 feet) and then adjust the laser dot to coincide with the sights, setting just on top of the front sight. Wrench to adjust the sight is included with the sight. Zeroed mine by sighting in on a target about 20 feet away in my home. Worked just fine. CT gives clear instructions on the process. CT claims battery shelf life is 4 years, and has about a 4 hour operational life. Since it is only on for a few seconds with each shot, thats a lot of firing before a simple battery replacement.

13. T_Rob

T_Rob New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Thanks for the Info. I've been looking at CT but can't decide if I want to get rid on all my holsters! :-/

14. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Does the CT take up less room at the front of the trigger guard than the Armalaser?

15. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    TRob
    I am not sure about your holsters, but the CT laser works with my holsters. I had to remove one stitch from my IWB holster, but it works great now. My pocket holster still fit with no mods!

Craig

16. PF9Newbie

PF9Newbie New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Have no personal experience with the Armalaser, but the CT is extremely compact and streamlined.  Takes up very little space and does not significantly impact on trigger guard space.  Even works with many holsters with little or no change, unlike most of the other laser attachments which appear much blockier under the bbl.  

17. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Thanks for the picture CTBRD. The Armalaser took up too much room in the trigger guard to suit me. I'm still waiting to see the new RSS for the P3AT because I love the RSS on my PF9.

18. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    Now, we NEED one for our P11! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

19. ctlover

ctlover New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Had my CT for several months now. It improved my point shooting dramatically. I carry it everyday in a Smartcarry and couldn't be happier. Occasionally I do use the Galco holster that came with the CT for pocket carry, but that is the exception. The only regret I have with the CT laser is that I didn't buy it sooner. I don't see how you could be disappointed with it.