Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always cross draw. No matter how you conceal carry you almost always have to use your off hand to sweep the concealing garment off your weapon. Which means a reach across your front with your off hand and a lift of the garment. This for me feels unnatural and awkward. I believe it is a dead giveaway as to the intention to reveal my weapon. In addition I have extensive nerve damage in my off (left) hand making the probability of me not being able to expose my weapon quickly and efficiently for a right side dominant draw very high . In a cross draw scenario I almost don't need my left hand. I can eather reach under a untucked shirt or through a partially unbuttoned shirt to reach my weapon ( it works the same with a shirt or jacket/coat). All this leaves my left hand/arm relatively free to fend off an attacker while I am reaching for my firearm. Note: This method of Carry and defense also works well for a knife as while you are drawing the knife, if your attacker is within arms length as you're coming across his front you can slash with the knife in one drawing motion

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.